Need advice, prayers

Started by Heinrich, September 09, 2020, 01:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

When I taught English overseas the kids all picked "English names" for themselves on the first day. The boys came up with all sorts of stuff. One named himself "Psycho." Calling on him was a frequent source of amusement for me.

Jayne

Quote from: christulsa on September 12, 2020, 08:35:09 PM
Jayne, we just have different memories/info, of what was said across various threads and fora on the subject, including in private correspondence, and a differing understanding of the actual science of the condition.  No need to personalize it, making accusations about being "obfuscating" or "misleading."   Up to this point, it's a fruitful discussion bearing on the OP.

Just yesterday I went back and reread the original threads, so it is very clear to me that your memories are wrong whenever they diverge from what I just read.  I also just put in some time researching the condition, so that is fresh in my mind too.

It was upsetting for me to reread those old threads and see how I had originally been fooled and manipulated by the way the information was presented. So I am a bit emotional when I see you continuing to echo the same talking points all these years later.  Impy's actions were not backed by science.  No SSPX priests told him to live as a woman and to date men.  Virtually everything he said was speculation and rationalization.

It has little bearing on Heinrich's situation, although it does show how dishonest and evil the transgender rhetoric is and why we should not compromise with this movement.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: christulsa on September 11, 2020, 07:14:40 PM
We could ask "Clare Brigid" their advise, from our old FE days.    :P   haha
talk about poison on the Internet...

Heinrich

Had "a talk" with principal on Friday afternoon. He moved her out of my home room. Complaints that I called her by legit name. I did. On iPad so I don't want to add any more now. Will answer any inquiries when I get to computer. Wasn't fired. Yet.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

John Lamb

The morality of this whole issue is tricky to me. If someone in an insane asylum believes he's Napoleon, and you go along with it and call him "Napoleon" for a while to get him to co-operate in some fashion and not aggravate him – are you really guilty of lying or misleading him? So take modern society as an insane asylum and transgenders as people who want to be called by a different name to help them along with their mental illness – are you guilty for going along with it? You could say "yes" because you're co-operating with the normalisation of this mental illness, making it more likely that others will pick it up and similarly harm themselves; but then, even by being at a school where this take places aren't you thereby co-operating in some fashion? At what level of moral depravity are we obligated to withdraw from society altogether and live in isolation in the hills? This all gets extremely tricky and legalistic. At the end of the day, all you can rely on is your conscience and what you perceive is entailed by charity towards the person involved.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Heinrich

Quote from: John Lamb on November 01, 2020, 02:43:38 PM
The morality of this whole issue is tricky to me. If someone in an insane asylum believes he's Napoleon, and you go along with it and call him "Napoleon" for a while to get him to co-operate in some fashion and not aggravate him – are you really guilty of lying or misleading him? So take modern society as an insane asylum and transgenders as people who want to be called by a different name to help them along with their mental illness – are you guilty for going along with it? You could say "yes" because you're co-operating with the normalisation of this mental illness, making it more likely that others will pick it up and similarly harm themselves; but then, even by being at a school where this take places aren't you thereby co-operating in some fashion? At what level of moral depravity are we obligated to withdraw from society altogether and live in isolation in the hills? This all gets extremely tricky and legalistic. At the end of the day, all you can rely on is your conscience and what you perceive is entailed by charity towards the person involved.

I would expect that anyone working in this day and age is within a few degrees of immoral co operation: Delivery drivers, accountants, doctors, medical professionals, military, military contractors, etc. That I am in a pronounced and clearly atheist, evolutionist prioritising, and ethically kaleidoscopic bureaucracy, ie a public school is troublesome to me, for sure. Living in smack dab in the middle of Trump country is no assurance that the City of God is my environment.  While briefing Mrs. H on the scene, I told her to not expect any support whatsoever from our acquaintances and colleagues in the community we live in.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Daniel

Quote from: Heinrich on November 01, 2020, 04:16:33 PM
That I am in a pronounced and clearly atheist, evolutionist prioritising, and ethically kaleidoscopic bureaucracy, ie a public school is troublesome to me, for sure.

I believe somebody already suggested this, but what about finding a job at a Catholic school? (An authentically-Catholic school, administrated by traditionalists. Perhaps one of the SSPX schools, or even one of the FSSP schools, or an unaffiliated school.) Though I can't say that there are many such jobs out there (I've been trying since the beginning of summer to find a teaching position for the 2020-2021 school year, and still haven't found any. It might be easier for you though, as your resume has more content than mine. But it probably also doesn't help that we're already two months into the school year. Unless some teacher unexpectedly becomes incapacitated, there likely won't be any openings until next fall).

Heinrich

Quote from: Daniel on November 01, 2020, 06:23:09 PM
That I am in a pronounced and clearly atheist, evolutionist prioritising, and ethically kaleidoscopic bureaucracy, ie a public school is troublesome to me, for sure.

I believe somebody already suggested this, but what about finding a job at a Catholic school? (An authentically-Catholic school, administrated by traditionalists. Perhaps one of the SSPX schools, or even one of the FSSP schools, or an unaffiliated school.) Though I can't say that there are many such jobs out there (I've been trying since the beginning of summer to find a teaching position for the 2020-2021 school year, and still haven't found any. It might be easier for you though, as your resume has more content than mine. But it probably also doesn't help that we're already two months into the school year. Unless some teacher unexpectedly becomes incapacitated, there likely won't be any openings until next fall).

If I get canned I am done with teaching. I'll work for UPS or something.

christulsa

According to the owner of the nearby UPS store, there are a ton of UPS, Amazon, and USPS jobs right now, with more openings than applicants.  My dad was a postman for 40 years, mom staying at home.  The pay was decent, with very good benefits.  He loved being outside and getting to know customers.

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Elizabeth.2

You've got my sincere best wishes and prayers, Heinrich. 

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

drummerboy

Quote from: Heinrich on November 01, 2020, 07:13:40 PM

Blue collar America is much better than white collar.  I went to college to be a history teacher, and immediately saw teaching is about anything but teaching, and got out of that.  I still hoped for some sort of professional white collar work, and had an office job for 9 months, and hated it.  Now I work in a cheese packing plant operating equipment in the warehouse and making damned good money and coworkers that are for the most part good blokes, while not having to deal with the libtards that congregate in the "professions."  Come join us!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: drummerboy on November 06, 2020, 10:03:37 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 01, 2020, 07:13:40 PM

Blue collar America is much better than white collar.  I went to college to be a history teacher, and immediately saw teaching is about anything but teaching, and got out of that.  I still hoped for some sort of professional white collar work, and had an office job for 9 months, and hated it.  Now I work in a cheese packing plant operating equipment in the warehouse and making damned good money and coworkers that are for the most part good blokes, while not having to deal with the libtards that congregate in the "professions."  Come join us!

What kind of equipment do you operate? What training did you need for that? I am raising a bunch of boys here, and I am not to hot on college/uni so I am trying to be ready. :)

Thank you for any advice/answer