Do you use the My Bookmarks feature?

Started by Kaesekopf, March 11, 2014, 10:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Forum,
Do you use the "My Bookmarks" feature I have enabled here at Suscipe Domine?

I've been looking at the forum and making a few changes (none too substantial), and I am thinking of removing the "My Bookmarks" feature, unless it has substantial usage. 

If you do use it, please vote in this poll.  If not, well, vote using the proper "No I don't" answer. 

The poll will run for 4 days.  If there is not a substantial base of folks using it, I will be removing it. 

Thanks
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Maximilian

I never realized it was there until you pointed it out just now.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Maximilian on March 11, 2014, 10:11:41 PM
I never realized it was there until you pointed it out just now.

:lol:

I wonder how many people are going to start using it now!  :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

I really like but I can handle it if you decide to discontinue it. So you can't see who uses bookmarks?  :)

Is this a database of some sort (MySql or something)?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

maryslittlegarden

I use it- helps me to keep track of threads.  I can deal with it if you discontinue it, though.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

orate

I voted no--but I wouldn't mind trying it now that I know that it exists.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Der Polka-König

Is there really a difference between bookmarking and just posting a reply in a thread to keep it on your "show new replies" list?
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Lynne

Quote from: Der Polka-König on March 13, 2014, 07:36:28 AM
Is there really a difference between bookmarking and just posting a reply in a thread to keep it on your "show new replies" list?

Yes, if you bookmark it, you don't need to make a post in the thread. If you use the "show new replies" list, once you've read the latest replies, that thread
won't show up in the list. A bookmark is a bookmark.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Petrie

Quote from: Lynne on March 13, 2014, 07:42:54 AM
Quote from: Der Polka-König on March 13, 2014, 07:36:28 AM

Yes, if you bookmark it, you don't need to make a post in the thread. If you use the "show new replies" list, once you've read the latest replies, that thread
won't show up in the list. A bookmark is a bookmark.

Ah, thank you for clarifying that.  Hmm....this could be handy if I choose to limit my replies.
Also known as 2Vermont in case you were wondering :-)

Lynne

Petrie

Lynne

Petrie

Lynne

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Lynne on March 13, 2014, 08:36:34 AM
Quote from: Petrie on March 13, 2014, 08:17:33 AM
Quote from: Lynne on March 13, 2014, 08:13:49 AM
Quote from: Petrie on March 13, 2014, 08:10:42 AM
Quote from: Lynne on March 13, 2014, 08:09:30 AM
I have over 40 bookmarks?!

CAn we delete them too?

Yes. Try it, you'll like it...

OK, Mikey.

haha I thought you'd be too young to get that reference...

Just don't eat poprocks and drink coke.  (and you get points for that urban legend reference.)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace