TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Quote from: Anastasia on April 01, 2015, 03:50:47 PM
The new Flash has been meh so far

I kind of like it. They're all so earnest.

aquinas138

Quote from: piabee on April 01, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 01, 2015, 03:50:47 PM
The new Flash has been meh so far

I kind of like it. They're all so earnest.

I'm several episodes behind at this point, but I like it, too. It's kind of a refreshing change in tone from the eternally grim superheroes we are usually given.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

piabee

Limoncello

Bernadette

Frontline, on pbs.org. I watched a timely episode on plea bargains. They interviewed about five people who had each taken a plea bargain and later regretted it, and one person who was completely innocent and refused to take a plea bargain. The latter spent over 20 years in prison for murder and robbery (misidentified as the driver of the getaway car), and about 20 years in she appealed and the state offered her a plea bargain: plead guilty to robbery for time served. She could have walked free, but refused to plead guilty to something she didn't do. She just couldn't square it with her conscience. She was Catholic, and said that if she ever got out of prison, she wanted to go to the convent and become a Franciscan. She was eventually released after the Frontline episode originally aired. I was absolutely astonished.
My Lord and my God.

Limoncello

Call the Midwife, because there's a whole new season   :grin: :thumbsup: :beer: :cheesehead: :thumbsup: :grin: :swoon1: :popcorn: :knit:  :thumbsup:

Um, are there really no crying smilies? I know you're German, K, but that is going too far.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Limoncello on April 07, 2015, 10:32:04 PM
Call the Midwife, because there's a whole new season   :grin: :thumbsup: :beer: :cheesehead: :thumbsup: :grin: :swoon1: :popcorn: :knit:  :thumbsup:

Um, are there really no crying smilies? I know you're German, K, but that is going too far.

How is that show? Try to answer from what you imagine a male's P.O.V would be  :)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Limoncello on April 07, 2015, 10:32:04 PM

I love that series -have your read the books that it is based on? 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Dirty Jobs on Youtube. Funny and interesting.
My Lord and my God.

Limoncello

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 08, 2015, 05:41:20 AM
How is that show? Try to answer from what you imagine a male's P.O.V would be  :)

If you like British dramas, you'd like it. It's really well done. But there a lot of childbirth scenes--at least one in every episode--and not everyone wants to see that  :laugh:

It's better to start with the first season, though. They're on Netflix.

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on April 08, 2015, 06:20:18 AM
I love that series -have your read the books that it is based on?

Yes, at least two of them--maybe all three? They are amazing. There's some really weird stuff in them though--she basically condones incest at one point. (Same with the show.)

Archer

Shark Tank marathon on Youtube.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

MundaCorMeum

The Bible on Netflix.  I'm enjoying it so far. 

zork

On the back burner:

The Walking Dead - season 4
Psych - season 7
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

zork

Actively watching:

Twin Peaks - season 2
The Following - season 3
Revenge - season 3
Twilight Zone - season 3
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - season 4
Mad Men - season 7
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Christknight104

Finished the first season of Homeland. Very good show.

I plan to watch House of Cards and The Americans this summer break. Maybe, somewhere along the lines, I may start Downton Abbey.
I cannot wait for the second season of The Knick to be released.