TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

The season 4 premier of Person of Interest had some funny moments. They seem to be getting back to the roots of the show again.

Archer

Quote from: piabee on September 26, 2014, 11:47:19 AM
The season 4 premier of Person of Interest had some funny moments. They seem to be getting back to the roots of the show again.

Yeah that's what I meant, season 4 not 3. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

piabee

My earlier post to Old Salt was about season 3. Season 4 just started this Tuesday.

Jacob

Just watched Gotham.  It is an interesting interpretation and I am looking forward to seeing how it continues.  I like what they are doing with Bruce Wayne and the "surly Alfred" is a cool direction for the character.

But the "future villain" cameos...  I would have preferred more originality in introducing people than just "blink and you'll miss them" appearances crammed into the pilot.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

piabee

Quote from: Jacob on September 26, 2014, 02:59:08 PM
But the "future villain" cameos...  I would have preferred more originality in introducing people than just "blink and you'll miss them" appearances crammed into the pilot.

They are the whole story. They will all be back.

Archer

Quote from: piabee on September 26, 2014, 12:01:43 PM
My earlier post to Old Salt was about season 3. Season 4 just started this Tuesday.

Yeah I just said that.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bernadette

I've actually started watching The Biggest Loser on Hulu. The only thing that I don't like about it is the voting/elimination aspect, which I think is unnecessary.
My Lord and my God.

LoneWolfRadTrad

4 days left til the new season of Walking Dead!

red solo cup

Season 3 The Wire. Just as good as the first two.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Archer

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on October 08, 2014, 09:03:55 PM

I'd like to watch that but my wife would never go for it. 

Larry

Has anyone kept up with GOTHAM? I watched the first episode and thought it was okay(not great), but haven't been able to watch the others. Now I'm reading that one of the subplots in the show is that Gordon's future wife had a lesbian affair with Rene Montoya(!). If that's true, I'm not gonna bother watching it again. Has anyone else watched past the first episode?
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

piabee

I watched the second episode of Gotham. The show is very well done, and I like a lot of the actors, but it's kind of boring. I might give it another episode or two.

Larry

My problem with the first episode is how contrived it was. Little Catwoman just happens to be present for the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. The main suspect's daughter is going to be Poison Ivy. The Riddler works for the police already and says "riddle me this!". And so on. Sounds like I'm not missing much if I don't bother with watching it again.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: Archer on October 09, 2014, 06:45:21 AM
Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on October 08, 2014, 09:03:55 PM

I'd like to watch that but my wife would never go for it.

A loving sacrifice for her.  You know where your priorities are. :)

piabee

News special on the Loma Prieta earthquake.