TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 03, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Archer on August 04, 2013, 07:38:05 AM
Currently the only shows we're watching is the Next Food Network Star and random episodes of Agatha Christie's Poirot on youtube. 

Shows we're waiting for the next season of...

Sherlock
Downton Abbey
Person of Interest
Blue Bloods
White Collar

Archer, what do you think of the current season of White Collar?  Just watched the most recent episode tonight.

I am kind of disappointed with what Peter did.  I was hoping they would really play out the implications of what Neil did.

Joyful which season are you watching? We've seen up through season 4 on netflix.  I know they're airing season 5 on TV now but we haven't had a chance to catch up. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

JoyfulMother

Quote from: Archer on January 04, 2014, 12:14:26 AM
Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 03, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Archer on August 04, 2013, 07:38:05 AM
Currently the only shows we're watching is the Next Food Network Star and random episodes of Agatha Christie's Poirot on youtube. 

Shows we're waiting for the next season of...

Sherlock
Downton Abbey
Person of Interest
Blue Bloods
White Collar

Archer, what do you think of the current season of White Collar?  Just watched the most recent episode tonight.

I am kind of disappointed with what Peter did.  I was hoping they would really play out the implications of what Neil did.

Joyful which season are you watching? We've seen up through season 4 on netflix.  I know they're airing season 5 on TV now but we haven't had a chance to catch up.

I stay current with the broadcast episodes, so I guess that is Season 5.  Probably the ONLY TV show I make sure to stay current on. ;D

I am glad I didn't say too much in the post - wait til you see the season 4 finale/cliff hanger.

piabee

Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 04, 2014, 09:29:15 AM
I am glad I didn't say too much in the post - wait til you see the season 4 finale/cliff hanger.

I haven't watched the last episode that aired yet, but I haven't been too impressed with this season so far. I don't think Peter [spoiler]would have compromised his morals so much to help Neal[/spoiler]. Neal is being far too spineless and needs to commit either [spoiler]to being a criminal or to being honest with Peter about what's going on[/spoiler]. It just doesn't seem true to either character, which throws off the entire mood of the show.

JoyfulMother

Quote from: piabee on January 05, 2014, 03:46:11 PM
Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 04, 2014, 09:29:15 AM

I haven't watched the last episode that aired yet, but I haven't been too impressed with this season so far. I don't think Peter [spoiler]would have compromised his morals so much to help Neal[/spoiler]. Neal is being far too spineless and needs to commit either [spoiler]to being a criminal or to being honest with Peter about what's going on[/spoiler]. It just doesn't seem true to either character, which throws off the entire mood of the show.

Piabee
You will be disappointed with the latest episode.

Peter compromises the high ethics he has always had [spoiler]by not turning Neil in for what he did or revealing that the confession was false.[/spoiler]. 

But Peter says at the end that "things are going to change."  What that means is anybody's guess.

I hope they return the characters to what made the show so successful in the first place.

piabee

Ack, I will watch it tonight! I dvr it at my parents' house and I'm usually there for Sunday dinner.

Basilios

Doing Breaking Bad marathons to catch up. Currently S3 E5.

Is it just me or have the writers done a bad job with Skyler? Am I meant to hate? I'm not sure if I am. I certainly don't pity her. Miserable wretch.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

LouisIX

I don't think you're meant to pity Skylar.  Your response to her is the same as most people that watch the show.  I felt the same way.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

piabee

Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 05, 2014, 04:12:57 PM
You will be disappointed with the latest episode.

It was not too surprising given the trajectory of the season so far. I'm sure their actions will come back to bite them.

JoyfulMother

I'm kind of hoping they do Piabee.  It would be more consistent with the way the show began.  If it doesn't come back to bite them, I will be disappointed.

red solo cup

Just finished season two of The Killing with Mireile Enos. Very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

totiusque

Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 07, 2014, 12:16:17 PM
I'm kind of hoping they do Piabee.  It would be more consistent with the way the show began.  If it doesn't come back to bite them, I will be disappointed.

Did the lesbian FBI agent ever end up marrying her "partner"?  My wife and I stopped watching the show when they really started pushing their relationship on the viewers.  Not only that, but that same week we saw a gay rights promo by Matt Bomer (Neal), who also came out of the closet around that time.  We loved the show, but it was just getting too blatantly pro-homosexual for us.  If you guys are all still watching it, I'm guessing it got a lot better?
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

piabee

Quote from: totiusque on January 09, 2014, 05:00:28 PM
Did the lesbian FBI agent ever end up marrying her "partner"?  ...  If you guys are all still watching it, I'm guessing it got a lot better?

No, they break up, but they wrote in the actress's pregnancy as a sperm-donor baby. She has been on maternity leave and not even in the past few episodes. I never thought that the show pushed homosexual views more than any other show, really.

Bernadette

Alaska: The Last Frontier (Netflix) I'm amazed at the number of shows about Alaska that are on TV these days! I prefer ones like this, which focus on a group of people as they live throughout the year, rather than something like Alaska State Troopers or that one where people are looking for houses to buy in Alaska. My dad watches them all, though.  :tongue:
My Lord and my God.

VeraeFidei

Sherlock season 3! We managed to convince BCC one's website that we are in the UK. Third episode is on Sunday, looking forward to it.

totiusque

Quote from: piabee on January 09, 2014, 05:40:38 PM
No, they break up, but they wrote in the actress's pregnancy as a sperm-donor baby. She has been on maternity leave and not even in the past few episodes. I never thought that the show pushed homosexual views more than any other show, really.

You know, you could be right.  Maybe it just hit my wife and I at the wrong time, like after a few states just legalized it or something.  That coupled with the fact that the lead actor was gay didn't help sway us to keep watching. 

I just remember one specific episode (middle to end of Season 3, I think) where that lesbian agent was talking about her fiancee that basically turned the scene into a commercial for gay marriage.  That's when we both just gave up.  I watch a fair amount of TV, and I don't remember any other show putting that much effort to promote the issue.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross