Author Topic: Pastor Steven Anderson Exposed - Documentary  (Read 1216 times)

Offline TheSaintsAreComing

• Hellebardier
Re: Pastor Steven Anderson Exposed - Documentary
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2021, 12:43:12 PM »
Someone once asked a OSAS relative this question:

"If you accept Jesus into your heart, then you are saved, correct?"

"Yes"

"Even if you commit sins after?"

"Yes."

"So you could kill a man in cold blood and still be guaranteed heaven?"

"Yes, but I obviously wouldn't kill anyone."

There you have it.  OSAS is license to do anything one pleases in this life.

I’ve read that some OSAS-people believe that God punishes them in this life if they commit sins after being born-again, so to be fair not all of them are antinomianists

Anderson represents an extreme brand of antinomianism.

I’m not actually 100% what Anderson stand is on that issue. Has he said that once you are saved, you can sin as much as you like and face no consequences in this life from God?

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2021, 12:46:56 PM »

"Yes"

"Yes."

I’ve read that some OSAS-people believe that God punishes them in this life if they commit sins after being born-again, so to be fair not all of them are antinomianists

I’m not actually 100% what Anderson stand is on that issue. Has he said that once you are saved, you can sin as much as you like and face no consequences in this life from God?

Yes, he does but at the same time he also holds that certain sins prove that you were never saved to begin with. That's what happened to his first ordained deacon that became a Unitarian.

The video explores these issues more in detail.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: Fleur-de-Lys

Offline dellery

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2021, 03:54:35 PM »

Which is ironic because he seems to be Satanic in his severity.

Satan doesn't hate The Father per se, as much as he loves himself more than Father, he absolutely hates humanity, and Our Lord who redeems humanity.

Satan would be the most severe of moral judges. Having no mercy, and only a wrathful envious hatred of humanity, he would have no tolerance whatsoever for those who break the Natural Law. Satan uses sin to destroy humanity, not to destroy God. It should be no wonder then why he is the one who torments us in the afterlife. He is punishing us for our sins. Satan intentionally puts humanity in a situation where it does what he hates so that he can prove to the Father that we are fallen and not worth saving; convincing us to separate ourselves from God and depriving us of the Beatific Vision he is no longer allowed to enjoy, and that he does not think we are worthy of. So in this regard Mr. Anderson seems to espouse actual Satanism, as manifested in an outright wrathful vengeance against those who transgress what he believes to be the law. The fact that he also is animated by an antinomianism for his chosen ones makes him all the bigger a hypocrite.
"A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control." --Jordan Peterson

The following users thanked this post: Prayerful, TheReturnofLive

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2021, 07:13:41 PM »

"Yes"

"Yes."

It would seem a strange trait for he is regulated in part by his exclusive use of the KJV, but he seems wildly proud so rules of translation or Laws of God will mean little to such as him.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2021, 07:49:13 PM »

"Yes"

"Yes."

Yes, he does but at the same time he also holds that certain sins prove that you were never saved to begin with. That's what happened to his first ordained deacon that became a Unitarian.

The video explores these issues more in detail.

To clarify, Anderson does hold that sins (murder, etc.) would be punished in this life. He states as much in the video. He also holds those would not exclude him from salvation. The list of sins which would "prove" someone was never "saved" to begin with would vary from OSAS adherent to another, not even consistently amongst congregations. Invariably, those issues become sticking points for "fellowship".

I cannot recall the exact term now as it's been a while, but various congregations have degrees of separation for perceived heresy. For example, one group might have a guest preacher from another congregation, who allowed someone the host congregation disagrees with and be fine. Others might perceive such a person as "tainted" and refuse fellowship since the putative guest was/is in fellowship with someone they disagree with.

Personally, I would agree with the "rigorists" on this in principle, but in practice it basically results in fellowship with no one but one's own congregation, which is problematic from a Biblical perspective.

The irony for such persons as Anderson is their spiritual antinomianism does not find its way into their organizational adherence to what they see as spiritual realities. Thus the incoherence is front and center, and there is no real system to normalize, neutralize, or anathemize. It's just whatever the pastor says. And for any Protestants reading, that is WAY more problematic and legalistic and authoritarian than even the most rigorous smack downs by a Council or Pope. It's outright dictatorial, with no backing, history, or counterpoint to keep human nature in check.

The Modern Attack will not tolerate us. It will attempt to
destroy us. Nor can we tolerate it. We must attempt to destroy it as being the fully equipped and ardent enemy of the Truth by which men live. The duel is to the death.” - Hilaire Belloc, The Great Heresies

The following users thanked this post: Vetus Ordo, Xavier, TheReturnofLive

Offline Xavier

• Eternal Father, through Mary's Immaculate Heart, We Offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in Atonement for our sins and those of the Whole World.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Slave of the Risen Jesus in the Holy Sacrifice.
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Roman Catholic.
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2021, 08:20:32 AM »
Good Video. There are numerous Biblical verses against "Once Saved, Always Saved". Here's 1 Corinthians 6 in the KJV, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:9-10). St. Paul clearly describes here there is a list of mortal sins that exclude from the Kingdom of God.
Please join my Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/ Pray the 1000 Hail Marys Rosary Frequently. You can Save 1000 Souls!

Offer your Life to Jesus and Mary: TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Eminence Patriarch Kirill of Moscow, His Excellency Metropolitan Hilarion, as well as His Eminence Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Roman Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the 220+ Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all 6000+ Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for the 400,000+ Priests, the 700,000+ Nuns, 50,000+ Monks, 100,000+ seminarians, that they may all become the Saints the Divine Will wishes them to be; for all the 1.35 Billion Members of the Church, the Millions of Catholic Catechumens and Children to be born and baptized in this Decade; we pray for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, for All Lay Apostolates, and All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

"Mother of God, Co-Redemptrix of the world, pray for us" [Promise: 1000 Souls from Purgatory]"This short prayer, this insistent prayer, every time it is said, sets free from Purgatory 1000 Souls, who reach the Eternal Joy, the Eternal Light"(!). http://www.jesusmariasite.org/jesus-pray-my-children-that-the-fifth-marian-dogma-be-proclaimed/

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Christe Eleison

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 08:49:35 PM »
Sadly, this Anderson is one of many.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Xavier