You know the drill

Started by Kaesekopf, December 22, 2021, 12:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Jayne on December 25, 2021, 10:55:03 PM
Laus has no credibility now.  There is no evidence for any of his accusations and the accuser is a proven liar.

Based on the sudden transformation, I do suspect that there is something else going on.

EDIT: I know some of the history on the forum, but the bulk of interactions were in chat, which tends to be more personal than on the forum.

TerrorDæmonum

My original vote was for Yes, even if you don't moderate it, and I still hold it, however, my reasoning has changed now: even without any moderation, the forum could still exist, however, it should be explicit what moderator policies are enforced, otherwise, it seems like inactivity from the moderators who sometimes do act is affirming what they don't act upon.

In other words, if one has a history of responding to "uncharitable posting", and then one ceases, one should declare this, otherwise, it makes one seem to not consider certain things uncharitable.

Moderator policy should be in agreement with moderator activity.

One can explain it by posting it is a matter of just slow decision taking, changing in standards of application of the rules, or that one indeed sees a post fit for the board and will not act on it.

But doing nothing while having a history of doing something can seem like acceptance.

Jayne

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 25, 2021, 11:27:21 PM
Quote from: Jayne on December 25, 2021, 10:55:03 PM
Laus has no credibility now.  There is no evidence for any of his accusations and the accuser is a proven liar.

Based on the sudden transformation, I do suspect that there is something else going on.

While he suddenly went from being your best buddy to attacking and swearing at you, there is nothing new about him violating forum policies on charity and vulgarity.  He has been perma-banned for these things in the past.  The main change is in the moderation, not in Laus.

He has been getting worse lately because he is testing his limits and nobody has stopped him yet.  In the past he would not have had the opportunity to get this bad. 

The problem is not that there is a poster with objectionable behaviour.  I had no intention of mentioning Laus in this thread, but he inserted himself into it, illustrating the consequences of lack of moderation.  But everyone sees his repeated blatant violations of the rules and is left to wonder what it means that KK does nothing about it.  And some people are going to conclude that this sort of behaviour is allowed now leading to a general effect on the forum as a whole.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 22, 2021, 11:17:57 PM
Quote from: andy on December 22, 2021, 10:49:24 PM
Before you call me a hypocrite, please note, that I would happily go full name here once the moderator/owner does the same.

If you believed "anonymity" were un-Catholic, you wouldn't require another person do it first before doing it, unless you were willing to violate your own conscience.

Willfully doing what you believe to be wrong is sinful.

You seem to completely miss basic distinctions here.

Kaesekopf

I've paid the bills for at least one more year, just FYI :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 27, 2021, 03:18:19 PM
I've paid the bills for at least one more year, just FYI :)

Thank you, KK. Thank you for the forum.

May God Bless you & your family!
Merry Christmas!

:pray1:

TerrorDæmonum

I've paid the bills for at least one more year, just FYI

So...you are saying you want me to post more. I'll try.

Incidentally, if you were to close the forum on purpose (not an emergency), how much warning would think we would have?

Michael Wilson

I've noticed that people have been a lot nicer to each other lately.  :laugh:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 27, 2021, 04:41:29 PM
I've paid the bills for at least one more year, just FYI

So...you are saying you want me to post more. I'll try.

Incidentally, if you were to close the forum on purpose (not an emergency), how much warning would think we would have?

If I were to close this place, I'd give you all an ear-ful, and then let the subscription lapse.  :lol: 

(But things will probably not devolve to that point)

((Also, I run my other Internet things on the same subscription, so.... it probably won't ever go away...))
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

nmoerbeek

I hope you keep the forum going regardless of moderation. 

There are numerous threads over the years on here with links, quotes and good debate.  With google search becoming so awful the search features on Catholic forums are becoming one of the only ways to find the old links to Catholic sites with everything being directed to major sites with crummy content through the major search engine providers.
"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/

nmoerbeek

I did not read the second page when I wrote my first post. 
"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/

coffeeandcigarette