Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithrandylan

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

voxxpopulisuxx

Ah the manchurian candidate...coming to a school shooting near you. Seriously this movie speaks the truth
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Mithrandylan

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on June 10, 2013, 03:42:17 AM
Ah the manchurian candidate...coming to a school shooting near you. Seriously this movie speaks the truth

Quite right, though [spoiler]I wasn't a fan of how at the end Shaw was give a sort of martyr's eulogy.  I felt bad for the guy, of course, but he still killed himself.[/spoiler]

(highlight to reveal spoilers.  Spoilers are of a 'what happens at the end' variety)
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Mithrandylan on June 10, 2013, 02:27:05 PM

Quite right, though [spoiler]I wasn't a fan of how at the end Shaw was give a sort of martyr's eulogy.  I felt bad for the guy, of course, but he still killed himself.[/spoiler]

(highlight to reveal spoilers.  Spoilers are of a 'what happens at the end' variety)
yeah but was he in his right mind? He had by then killed the woman and father figure he loved without the ability to stop himself...by having it end the way it did shawn pretty much assured he couldnt be compelled to kill again.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

tmw89

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on June 10, 2013, 02:30:41 PM
Quote from: Mithrandylan on June 10, 2013, 02:27:05 PM

yeah but was he in his right mind? He had by then killed the woman and father figure he loved without the ability to stop himself...by having it end the way it did shawn pretty much assured he couldnt be compelled to kill again.

Voxpop, you raise another excellent point without even realizing it --  nevermind the emotional duress, is there any telling whether or not that act was part of his programming, for after completing his big task?  We aren't given any info to that effect in the film... but there's a great deal more than that the film holds out on, too.

(or maybe I'm just reading too far into it!)
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

voxxpopulisuxx

The point is that this type of mind control exists and has existed since at least stalin. I am of the very firm opinion that..sirhan sirhan..oswald..the school shooters..the movie house shooters..the recent california shooters were these type of psychorobots.

911!

Mithrandylan

Agreed, agreed.  I just prefer the emphasis on victim, not hero. 
Ps 135

The Harlequin King

The Manchurian Candidate was one of those old VHS tapes I'd watch over and over.... when I was 5.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Mithrandylan on June 10, 2013, 03:26:29 PM
Agreed, agreed.  I just prefer the emphasis on victim, not hero.
well it also was tinged with craptastic 60s hollywood melodrama...thats what you were sensing. Sinatra sucked in that movie (actually I think sinatra sucked period)

911!

piabee

Hat And Beard

Yeah, I haven't posted in a while.

BierKaiser

Finally saw Star Trek. It was very good, maybe better than the first one.

voxxpopulisuxx

911!

LouisIX

Tree of Life was very good.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.