This will change how you think about the Iraq War.

Started by King Wenceslas, August 30, 2023, 10:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

How godless men screw up a country and leave it a mess.

Clinton, Albright, Bremer and Bush are criminals.

dellery

There's way more to the war in Iraq than pedestrians on the internet will ever  realize.
Saving face after being massively deceived... the price of Russian oil...

Bush, Cheney, and the Clinton's, would all rather you believe they're diabolical war criminals than think our intelligence services and DoD are as fallible as they are. You/we might think you/we could actually take them on then. Being seen as a war criminal is fine as long as people think you're an irresistibly invincible war criminal.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

james03

Operation Desert Storm.  Iraq launches a few missiles at Israel.  The US is ordered to take out Saddam's government.

2006 Lebanon.  Hezbollah defeats Israel.  The US is ordered to take out Syria and Assad, who at the time was our ally.

2000 Russia.  Yeltsin backs out of a deal and appoints Putin.  Putin shuts down Browder, Yukos Oil, and takes out Safra and Beresovsky.  We get the Magnitsky Act, named after a man who was embezzeling 100's of millions from Russian pensioners for Browder.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

drummerboy

I never studied this war in depth.  What a stupid move on Bremer's part.  I came of age during the war and remember vividly seeing the news reports regularly report the deaths of our troops.  Too many fine Americans died needlessly.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Michael Wilson

How about the mess we left in Libya when we helped to overthrow Gaddafi? How about the mess that South Africa is since we help oust the evil "Apartheid" regime and put in charge the wonderfully incompetent and woefully corrupt ANC? How about helping to overthrow Somoza in Nicaragua, and allowing Daniel Ortega and the Marxist Sandinistas to take control; How about Cuba? China? Eastern Europe to the Commies?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers