Why Personhood – Part 1: What is Personhood? - From Pro-Life Wisconsin

Started by Kaesekopf, January 31, 2013, 03:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

From Pro-Life Wisconsin
Why Personhood – Part 1: What is Personhood?

QuotePersonhood is a hot topic in pro-life circles, and Pro-Life Wisconsin is dedicated to achieving legal personhood for the unborn. But what exactly is legal personhood? What does it mean to be a person?

In a nutshell, "person" is a legal term used to describe any human being entitled to equal protection under the law. If you're legally recognized as a person, you have Constitutional rights. If you're not a legal person, you don't. The term "personhood", then, is used to denote the pro-life movement that seeks to recognize the unborn as legal persons.

As a 100% pro-life organization, Pro-Life Wisconsin recognizes that every human being is entitled to equal protection under the law, regardless of his or her stage of development and regardless of how he or she was conceived. That means from the moment of conception, you should have all the same Constitutional rights and protections as anyone else.

Unfortunately, unborn human beings are not currently granted protection under the law, and that's why the horror of abortion is legal. In our next post, we'll examine the tragic consequences of denying a group of human beings legal personhood.

This is apparently going to be a recurring blog post series over at Pro-Life Wisconsin.  Check it out, feel free to discuss it here.

http://blog.prolifewisconsin.org/2013/01/28/why-personhood-part-1-what-is-personhood/
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.