Eucharistic Miracles: (More) Reasons to become (or remain) Catholic Christians.

Started by Xavier, December 20, 2018, 12:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

How do non-Catholics, who are aware of the many Eucharistic miracles worked in the history of the Church, still deny the ineluctable by staying away from the God of such measureless Love and Power? God Almighty, in His gracious goodness, not only promised in Holy Scripture to provide His body for our food, and His blood for our drink, that we may inherit eternal life; He has also, countless times in the history of His Church, permitted the bread to be transformed visibly into His Body, in order to call the wavering to Faith in Him.

Should this not be enough for the whole world to come to saving Faith in Christ and to holy Communion in His Church? Certainly, there is sufficient grace in such miracles for that.

Quote"In order to enliven our faith in His Real Presence, Our Lord has frequently manifested Himself in a sensible manner in the Holy Eucharist. Church history abounds in instances of the kind. The first that I shall relate is that of a miracle which occurred in the church of St. Denis in Douay and is recorded by Thomas Cantipratensis, an eye-witness. A certain priest, after having distributed Holy Communion to the faithful, found one of the Sacred Hosts lying on the floor. Full of consternation he knelt down to take it up, when the Host arose of its own accord and placed itself on the purifier. The priest immediately called those who were present, and when they came near the altar, they all saw in the Sacred Host Jesus Christ under the form of a Child of exquisite beauty. "On hearing the news," says our author, "I too went to Douay. After I had declared to the dean the object of my visit, we went together to the church, and no sooner had he opened the ciborium wherein the miraculous Host was contained than we both beheld our Divine Saviour." "I saw," says Thomas, "the head of Jesus Christ, like that of a full grown man. It was crowned with thorns. Two drops of blood trickled down His forehead and fell on His cheek. With tearful eyes I fell prostrate before Him. When I arose again, I no longer saw either the crown of thorns or the drops of blood, but only the face of a man whose aspect inspired great veneration." This miracle gave rise to a confraternity in honor of the Most Holy Eucharist, to which several popes, especially Paul IV and Clement XIV, granted numerous indulgences. (P. Favre, Le Ciel Ouvert)

In the village of Les Ulmes de St. Florent, in the diocese of Angers, the following miracle occurred on the second of June, 1666, the Saturday within the octave of the feast of Corpus Christi. The people were assembled in the church for Benediction, and when the priest had intoned the hymn, "Verbum Caro, panem verum," there appeared in place of the Host the distinct figure of a man. He was clothed in white, and His hands were crossed on His breast; His hair fell upon His shoulders, and His countenance was resplendent with majesty. The curate then invited all his parishioners to come and witness the miracle: "If there be any infidel here," said he, "let him now draw near." Everyone approached and gazed upon this beautiful vision for about a quarter of an hour, after which the Host resumed its former shape. The Bishop of Angers, Mgr. Henry Arnaud, after having examined the testimony in favor of this miracle, caused it to be proclaimed throughout the whole of France.

The Blessed Nicholas Fattori, a Franciscan friar, remarkable for his piety and purity of heart, often saw Jesus Christ in the Consecrated Host in the form of an infant. On touching the Blessed Sacrament, he seemed to feel, not the mere Eucharistic species, but the very Flesh of Jesus Christ."
http://www.catholictradition.org/Eucharist/blessed-eucharist1.htm

Please see below also about the great Eucharistic miracle of Lanciano, confirmed by science, as mentioned in the video above.

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

Is it still not enough, dear friends? Should you not all be Christians and traditional Catholics already? :) Merry Christmas.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

TheReturnofLive

You brought this up on OC.net, and I'll repeat what was said.

First things first, the Miracle of Lanciano happened centuries before the Great Schism.

Secondly, there have been several Eucharistic miracles in the Russian Orthodox Church - in fact, in a theological manual of the Russian Orthodox, we have instructions of what to do if the Eucharist turns into flesh and blood or even into a Child.

However, it is often the case that in Orthodoxy, Eucharistic miracles happen as a result of one's lack of Faith, to prove that the Eucharist is the literal Body and Blood of Christ.

There's also Myrrh-Streaming icons in Orthodoxy. A lot of them. In fact, where I live, there was a tour of a Myrrh-Streaming icon from Hawaii (Theotokos Iveron Icon of Hawaii) at the local Greek Orthodox Church, and I got to visit it, venerate it, and got blessed with the holy oil from the icon. There have been a lot of miracles from the icon itself; in fact, one story that I'll never forget is that, according to the Priest who was touring with the icon, there was a little girl from England who had a skin condition where her skin would "boil" and then the "boils" would pop in a painful manner; she was blessed with the oil, and the very next day, the Virgin Mary apparently appeared to her and talked with her; and she was healed of her rare skin condition.

That's not to mention, of course, the Miracle of the Holy Fire which happens every Pascha.

As to miracles outside the Church, whether they are healings, miracles, Eucharistic, we simply have to say that "we don't know." God can work whatever and wherever He wants as a miracle.

Miracles should help one to confirm their own Faith, but they shouldn't be the cornerstone of one's Faith - Christ should be the cornerstone, otherwise your Faith is built on sand.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

TheReturnofLive

I mean, one can argue that the fact that the Roman Catholic Church miraculously has the girdle of the Blessed Virgin Mary, in Prato Cathedral, which she gave to Saint Thomas, and therefore, it's a symbolism that her Church is Rome.

But here's the thing - the Greek Orthodox also have the Cincture of the Theotokos on Mount Athos, which was given to Saint Thomas from the Theotokos.

The Syriac Orthodox Orthodox Church also has something called "the Holy Girdle", which is the girdle of the Theotokos given to Saint Thomas, located in a Syriac Church in Syria.

So which one is true, if any of them are true?

I'm just glad that people are venerating it to honor the Mother of God, I don't care which one is the legitimate one. I'm not gonna change my Faith if I find out the Syriac one is the real one, or if all of them are dated to the 13th century.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

TheReturnofLive