Combat Rosary Giveaway!!!!

Started by Gardener, May 24, 2020, 07:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

In honor of the Feast of Our Lady's Queenship on 31 May, I am giving away 2 rosaries. The winners can choose one of the combat rosaries from Roman Catholic Gear [RCG] or Rugged Rosaries [RR]. This is just the rosary, not a huge RCG package or one of RR's 15 decade ones [assuming it comes back in stock by time of winning]. If you choose an RR item, you can also pick up to two extra medals. (RCG comes with Miraculous Medal center and St. Benedict medal; they do not seem to offer extra medal options at this time). I'm allowing a choice between an RCG and an RR since RCG has some different metal color options.

Item caveats:

RCG - any item, whether a chaplet or rosary, within the pricing bracket of their standard combat rosary.

RR - any item within standard pricing bracket, whether a standard, 7 Sorrows, or Divine Mercy; KoC items excluded.

Here's the link to the options:

RCG - https://romancatholicgear.com/collections/combat-rosaries

RR - https://ruggedrosaries.com/collections/battle-beads

Rules:

*Be a member of Suscipe Domine with at least 5 posts.

*One entry per member. All you need to do is post in this thread one time. Entries end at 9pm mountain standard time. Any entry showing after 9pm on 31 May 2020 on my browser will not be counted.

*I would like a small blurb about how the Rosary benefits your life or otherwise a story about Our Lady's intercession and impact on your love for Jesus.

* In your entry post, please post which rosary you want and, if an RR rosary,  up to two extra medals as available on the site.

* This is open to International shipping; the Queenship of Our Lady and Kingship of Our Lord know no geographical boundaries, and neither will this contest.

QuoteFORMAT FOR ENTRY:

Rosary (and medal choice):

Story of the Rosary prayer's impact on your life:
On the evening of 31 May or morning of 1 June, I will count the number of posts. I will then go to a random number generator and have it generate a number between 2 and X, since post 1 is the contest OP, X being the final post number. The post number(s) chosen will be the winner(s).

I will then post the winners in this thread AND send a PM to the winners.

I can either have the rosary sent directly to the winner so they may have a priest of their choice bless it, or, if they are in Novus Ordo wasteland, and want to make sure the rosary and any special medals (e.g., St. Benedict) are blessed properly, I can have it sent to me and then on to the winner after proper blessings by a priest of the FSSP.

THE CONTEST STARTS NOW - ENDS AT 9pm/2100 MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME
*I reserve the right to modify the contest post/rules as necessary, including but not limited to: grammar and punctuation changes, modification of rules, etc. Entry implies no guarantee of winning.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Michael Wilson

I would like to post my entry here and now!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

MundaCorMeum

I'd like to enter.  When I was first enticed to begin practicing my faith again by my husband (boyfriend at the time), after being away for several years, I went and bought a Rosary from the local Christian bookstore.  I began saying it, and I truly believe between Our Lady, St. Anthony, and my husband, I would absolutely have been on a very straight path to hell otherwise.  As a family, we pray the Rosary almost every evening.  It's one of my favorite times of the day :)

Jayne

I want to write a post about this, but I don't need any more Rosaries, so I would like you not to count me in the contest.  Does that totally mess everything up?

When I was new to Catholicism, I could tell there was more to it than what I had been taught in my horrifically bad RCIA class.  So I was constantly looking, but with little idea of how to tell what was good and bad.  I did lots of reading and looked among Charismatics and Opus Dei and Cursillo and the relatively traditional Oratorians.  I cannot even remember where it was, but, at some point in my searching, somebody told me to ask Mary to be my mother.

And she answered.  I have heard that people see their lives flash before them when they are drowning.  I don't know if that is true, but something like that happened to me then.  I saw my life flash before me with the Blessed Virgin accompanying me.

I became a Christian when I was 16 and before that point I was almost completely ignorant of her. The tiny amount I knew came from partially understood Christmas carol lyrics. But I suddenly saw my childhood as a series of experiences in which Our Lady was bringing me to her Son.  And somehow I had the sense that His words spoken on the cross were being said to me personally, "Behold thy mother."

Ever since that time, I have carried with me a strong sense of Our Lady as my mother.  When my earthly mother died three years ago, I was comforted because I still had a mother with me. And before that death, I had been able to let go of all the hurts and resentments that accumulate over a lifetime, even towards the best of mothers.  Because whatever mistakes my earthly mother had made, I had another mother caring for me through all that time.

When I come to the fifth glorious mystery and think that Our Lady is Queen of heaven and earth, I am in awe at the contrast.  I am not even worthy to be a slave of such a queen and yet I ended up as her child.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Deirdre

Rugged Rosary with st Benedict medal and st. Therese of Lisieux medal.

I'm the fall of 2014 my grandma became ill with kidney failure. She was the source of the Faith in our family, having been raised Catholic in Japan. She lapsed when she married my grandpa, and seemed very bitter. It became my mission to see her reconciled with the Church before she died. This was especially difficult because my aunt wouldn't let my priest anywhere near the house to talk to my grandma. I stormed heaven for this intention. I offered all of my suffering through the hands of Our Lady, and entrusted the situation to her. I placed a rosary and a picture of Our Lady of Good Counsel on my grandma's night table. When she went into the hospice I knew time was running out. Finally the priest went by to visit her, and offered her the Last Rites. And she accepted. She was annointed on a Wednesday and died the following Sunday. Our Lady had won.
My Lord and my God.

Michael Wilson

Re. What Jane said about drowning people seeing their life flash before their eyes; My Dad was around twelve years old and he nearly drowned; he told us the story more than once, that he saw his whole life flash before him almost like a movie.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Gardener

Every time someone who has entered posts, they are statistically driving down their chance of winning. ;)
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

RCG Rosary with standard Miraculous Medal and St. Benedict Medal). I will donate mine. I would be dead and in hell(physically and spiritually) if it weren't for Our Lady.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jacob

Rugged Rosary with Pardon Crucifix, St. Benedict Medal and Miraculous Medal.  I'd like it blessed by an FSSP priest as I live in NO land.

The Rosary is what I have on hand in the hospital when I am ill and I have nothing else with me to keep me bound to my Christian Faith.  Our Lady keeps me company and reminds me that her Son is with me.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

LausTibiChriste

Rugged Rosary WWI Battle Beads - Seven Sorrows Rosary w/ St Therese and St Maximilian Kolbe medals

My wife was a non-practicing Orthodox (as are most Russians) when we were dating and couldn't convert to Catholicism because she didn't buy it and 'no Russians become Catholics'

I dared her to pray a single decade of the Rosary every night and lo-and-behold, 8 months later she was Catholic. Her VERY devout Orthodox mother cried, but even she's coming around the corner which is cool.

Seven Sorrows Rosary because I was married on the feast of Sorrows (kind of a homage to my wife's sorrow at having to see me naked)
St Therese because she's amazing and a patron of Russia
and St Maximilian Kolbe because for some reason he really looks out for me..so I named my son after him.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Miriam_M

Quote from: Gardener on May 24, 2020, 03:17:03 PM
Every time someone who has entered posts, they are statistically driving down their chance of winning. ;)

Well, I'm sorry if my posts by themselves communicate that I want to enter.  I don't -- for the very reason that I want the prizes to go to someone who really wants them more than I, and so I want to limit the field.
:)

Lynne

Rugged Rosary (WWI Momento Mori pardon crucifix) with st Benedict medal and Miraculous medal please.

I'm thankful that I have continued to say the Rosary every day for about 6 years now. I was a cradle Catholic but I don't remember saying a single Hail Mary when I was growing up.  :-[

Should I add that a saint said that saying the Rosary is a sign of predestination? (I couldn't resist)  :laugh:

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

2 days left at this point.

Please enter!

If you are worried about some stranger on the internet having your address, I'd be happy to mail to a 3rd party location.

mikemac

WWI Battle Beads® - St. Benedict Crucifix

A couple of years ago a 54 day novena worked for me in a big way; it changed my life.  The first 27 days you pray the Rosary for the intentions and the last 27 days you pray in thanksgiving as if your intentions have already been answered.  For some reason I knew it was going to come about as I was praying the 2nd half of the novena.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Gardener

Just under 7 hours left.

If you haven't entered yet, please do!