Crusader Kings II

Started by Trogfecta, September 12, 2014, 08:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Monks and Mystics dlc is awesome, but there is no greater time thief. Be afraid.

:lol:
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

attiret

Quote from: Prayerful on March 14, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
Monks and Mystics dlc is awesome, but there is no greater time thief. Be afraid.

:lol:

I just want it for the portraits  :(

YeOldeFustilarians

Now that Lent's over I've begun a new playthrough. Purchased M&M, definitely a good DLC, highly recommended regardless of your play style.

For this playthrough I'm attempting to recreate the Norman invasion. Start date 867. Began in Jutland, formed Denmark, have conquered two counties in Brittany, adopted feudalism, and raided tons and tons around Sicily (Muslims and Byzantines mainly).  Still on my first character, year is 900. Am preparing to invade northern France now (Bayeux, Rouen, etc.).  Hoping to have Normandie proper by 950 (stabilized) or so.
Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

YeOldeFustilarians

Quote from: YeOldeFustilarians on April 19, 2017, 07:40:42 AM
Now that Lent's over I've begun a new playthrough. Purchased M&M, definitely a good DLC, highly recommended regardless of your play style.

For this playthrough I'm attempting to recreate the Norman invasion. Start date 867. Began in Jutland, formed Denmark, have conquered two counties in Brittany, adopted feudalism, and raided tons and tons around Sicily (Muslims and Byzantines mainly).  Still on my first character, year is 900. Am preparing to invade northern France now (Bayeux, Rouen, etc.).  Hoping to have Normandie proper by 950 (stabilized) or so.

So, don't declare a prepared Invasion if you're really old.

First character ~2k prestige, must have attracted about 25k event troops for invasion. Died a week into the invasion. Event troops disappear. Invasion utter failure. Playthrough? ruined.
Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Prayerful

My old Ireland game has most of the British Isles and a bit of Spain, but essentially a bigger empire means a bigger civil war. Still most vassals aren't in prison and my current emperor doesn't have kinslayer and the usual traits.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.