Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

Quote from: Bernadette on October 23, 2016, 08:38:13 AM
Just picked up this:

https://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-Life-Andrew-Roberts-ebook/dp/B00INIXLPW/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477233379&sr=8-1&keywords=napoleon+a+life+by+andrew+roberts

which I've wanted ever since it came out. On sale for $2.99 today, so too good to pass up.

I think Andrew Roberts is over positive towards this destroyer of ancient kingdoms, duchies and abbacies.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on October 26, 2016, 03:41:46 PM
Cheaper by the Dozen:rofl:

Like that one, too

The original movie with Clifton Web and Myrna Loy is great.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

ABlaine

Finishing War and and La Chute, beginning Augustine's Confessions right now. My grandmother sent me Hundrearingen Som Klatret Ut Gjennom Vinduet Og Forsvant, not really sure how I am going to find time for all of this...

I guess I can finally give up Reddit or something for good.

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Bernadette

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on October 27, 2016, 08:41:11 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on October 26, 2016, 03:41:46 PM
Cheaper by the Dozen:rofl:

Like that one, too

The original movie with Clifton Web and Myrna Loy is great.

Now it's The Egg and I (again). Somehow, even with all of the sarcasm and hyperbole, it always makes me want to live on a farm somewhere. :) But not in Oregon.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

The Christian Century in Japan 1549-1650 by C.R.Boxer. A fascinating read.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

martin88nyc

Story of American Catholicism by Theodore Maynard
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

piabee

My friend lent me the first Poldark book.

red solo cup

Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander. The author spent 7 days in a coma due to bacterial meningitis and had a profound Near Death Experience.
Alexander is an experienced neurosurgeon and his account is thought provoking.

Bernadette

Getting ready to start Hillaire Belloc's Cautionary Verses. https://archive.org/details/hilairebellocsc00bell I've read ordinary children's moral literature, so I'm looking forward to this...quirky variety. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Christina_S

The Man Who Was Thursday by good ol' Chesterton.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

martin88nyc

Quote from: red solo cup on November 17, 2016, 05:55:22 AM
Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander. The author spent 7 days in a coma due to bacterial meningitis and had a profound Near Death Experience.
My neighbor ,just yesterday, read me a poem from this book. His friend died a couple of days ago and he wants to read it at the wake.
PS: Are his, the author's, experiences in line with true doctrine? I mean there are many book on this subject but most of them are just sappy protestant "babble".
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

red solo cup

Quote from: martin88nyc on November 20, 2016, 10:38:15 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on November 17, 2016, 05:55:22 AM
My neighbor ,just yesterday, read me a poem from this book. His friend died a couple of days ago and he wants to read it at the wake.
PS: Are his, the author's, experiences in line with true doctrine? I mean there are many book on this subject but most of them are just sappy protestant "babble".
When it comes to doctrine, I'm the last person to ask.  Before his experience, the author was a tepid Episcopalian. The book was recommended to me by my RCIA instructor years ago but I recently came across a free copy. The writer didn't seem to be a kook.