Arun

Jiu Jitsu University by Saulo Ribeiro

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Arun on October 17, 2015, 07:35:11 PM
Arun, you somewhat interested in Jiu Jitsu or what?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Arun

Quote from: Michael Wilson on October 18, 2015, 08:15:15 AM

whatever gave you that idea? lol.

that book is pretty much a must-read.

i just bought How To Win Friends and Influence People too, because someone told me i should read a chapter of it every day. so we'll see how that goes.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Arun on October 18, 2015, 08:04:48 PM

i just bought How To Win Friends and Influence People too, because someone told me i should read a chapter of it every day. so we'll see how that goes.
That's right; if they can't come along nicely, put them in a submission/choke-out hold. I know that would "influence" me a lot!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Arun

Quote from: Michael Wilson on October 18, 2015, 09:04:29 PM
Quote from: Arun on October 18, 2015, 08:04:48 PM

That's right; if they can't come along nicely, put them in a submission/choke-out hold. I know that would "influence" me a lot!

hahahaha. from watching my 2 year old son with his older brother right now, it appears he thinks along the same lines. lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

red solo cup

Jarhead by Anthony Swafford. The author was a marine sniper in Desert Storm. Entertaining.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Guns, Germs and Steels

And Stalingrad by Antony Beevor
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bernadette

How We Lived Then: A History of Everyday Life During the Second World War. I got it when it was on sale, months ago. Just the kind of book I like, filled with personal anecdotes. Excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/How-We-Lived-Then-Everyday-ebook/dp/B0031Y9DQO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1445817906&sr=1-1&keywords=Norman+Longmate
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Col. Charlie Beckwith's book on Delta Force. Fascinating read.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 25, 2015, 05:50:16 PM
Guns, Germs and Steels

And Stalingrad by Antony Beevor
Beevor is a terrific author. His book on D-Day is outstanding.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Hes probably my favourite WWII author...but its hard to choose
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on October 25, 2015, 06:07:35 PM
How We Lived Than: A History of Everyday Life During the Second World War. I got it when it was on sale, months ago. Just the kind of book I like, filled with personal anecdotes. Excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/How-We-Lived-Then-Everyday-ebook/dp/B0031Y9DQO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1445817906&sr=1-1&keywords=Norman+Longmate

That sounds good.  Have you ever seen the PBS (British Chanel 4 I think actually) the 1940's House? 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on October 26, 2015, 08:46:05 AM
How We Lived Than: A History of Everyday Life During the Second World War. I got it when it was on sale, months ago. Just the kind of book I like, filled with personal anecdotes. Excellent.

That sounds good.  Have you ever seen the PBS (British Chanel 4 I think actually) the 1940's House?
Yes. This author actually edited the companion book for that. ;)

My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on October 26, 2015, 09:09:33 AM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on October 26, 2015, 08:46:05 AM

Yes. This author actually edited the companion book for that. ;)

Hmmm.... gonna check that one out.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Prayerful

Still reading volume IV of Jonathan Sumption's series on the Hundred Years War. Being highly successful QC, and latterly Supreme Court Justice, hasn't slowed his output of this excellent series. He won an OBE for the series, a deserved honour, I might add. I certainly recommend it.

I have downloaded but have yet to start Mary Beard's SQPR, same with Robert Harris' Dictator. Former is non-fiction, latter fiction, but I know both will be excellent.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.