Anniversary of the forum approaching

Started by Jayne, December 10, 2021, 01:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Quote from: mikemac on December 12, 2021, 05:05:55 PMI attend a diocesan TML every Sunday.
Figures. Smells and bells. You do know that your diocesan "priest" is a "bastard priest", right? Archbishop Lefebvre said that in his book Open Letter to Confused Catholics "The priests coming out of the seminaries are bastard priests, who do not know what they are."

QuoteOn occasion after Friday night adoration I have stayed for the 7:00 PM NO Mass.  My priest says it reverently ad orientem. 
Oh, a "reverent" NO Mass? There are reverent Lutheran or Anglican Masses too but that doesn't make them any less offensive to God. You should realize that the "New Mass is a bastard rite" and "the sacraments are bastard sacraments". Archbishop Lefebvre said in his book Open Letter to Confused Catholics.

QuoteTo be honest though I do not think the SSPX should be telling Catholics it's better to avoid the NO Mass at all cost.  I mean what about our parents and millions of Catholics between 1970 and 2007 that the lying bishops told them the TLM was abrogated.  The SSPX wasn't everywhere to take up the slack for all of them.  What is the SSPX saying, that they are all in hell?  There are places since 2007 that still do not have access to a TLM.  Personally I think the SSPX are telling people to sin by telling them to avoid the NO Mass at all cost when they don't have access to a TLM.
You can blame ABL for a lot but why are you blaming him for not snapping his fingers and instantly providing every Catholic in the world with the TLM in 1970? It took time, money, and a lot of people to build the SSPX in what it is today. And not only did he not get any help from the Conciliar Church, everyone in it tried to stop him.

And yes, I do say that they are in Hell because they knew it was wrong and rolled over/bent over to the new false religion that occupies Rome. Had there been torches and pitchforks at episcopal palaces all over the world, the New Mass would have been rescinded overnight. But there wasn't even a large scale boycott. If Mass attendance dropped 90% in 1970, do you think they would have kept the New Mass? Christ said that he vomits the lukewarm from his mouth and all the Catholics who "went along" are the definition of lukewarm.

QuoteI'm not totally against sedes, like I have been showing in replies to Gog.  I think Michael Wilson is one of the better contributors to this forum.  But what a contrast between Michael and Gog.  How does a person get so angry and stay that way.  If there is something that is negative to say about something good he will say it.  He is the most argumentative person on the forum.  He doesn't follow forum rules, and he tells you that he is not going to.  He is the forum troll.  Bottom like, I think Gog is the most depressing member that we have had on this forum.  I wouldn't become a mod without getting the privilege of giving Gog a permanent ban.
Says the guy who harps on his stupid pet fantasy opinion and calls me names? Yes, you called me names first. You got angry first because I didn't put up with your accusatory BS about your pet issue. I still don't (see my refutation of your dime store "proof" of Gerard's "blasphemy").

QuoteBut I wouldn't become a mod by myself.  I really liked Xavier's idea of suggesting both ChairmanJoe and you Heinrich as mods.  Someone else suggested clau clau.  And I have one suggestion myself.  In reply #3 of this thread am I detecting that Christina_S may be interested?  Four guys might get a little bouncing.  By adding at least one lady that might level it out, I think.  All though I hear that she's not afraid to punch a heretic.  :)
The mod team would look like a NO parish council with all that tokenism. You'd fit right in, mikemac.

You're an Indulterer (as Fr. Cekada put it) for smells and bells (not theological reasons), you attend the New Mass, you quote JPII's Catechism of the Catholic Church as an authority, and you think it's a sin to avoid the false, sacrilegious, bastard rite New Mass when the TLM isn't available.
Do you consider yourself a trad, mikemac? Or are you just a "regular Catholic" (NO) who doesn't have a place to call home since the Catholic Answers Forum got shuttered?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

this page left intentionally blank

Jayne

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 12, 2021, 05:39:49 PM
You're not a trad, mikemac.

This statement is a clear violation of the rules of the forum.  Just in case anyone is interested.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Jayne on December 12, 2021, 06:03:48 PM

This statement is a clear violation of the rules of the forum.  Just in case anyone is interested.
Thanks, Madam Moderator. How else should I have pointed out that he's a NOer that does NOer things?
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 12, 2021, 06:09:13 PM

Thanks, Madam Moderator. How else should I pointed out that he's a NOer that does NOer things?

Wow good one
this page left intentionally blank

Jayne

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 12, 2021, 06:09:13 PM

Thanks, Madam Moderator. How else should I pointed out that he's a NOer that does NOer things?

Since it is not true, there is no need to point it out.

The original moderation team included a person who attended an Indult Mass.  What you call tokenism was part of the founding vision of this forum.  They were trying to make a place where different sorts of trads could engage in civil discussions with each other.  Both the rules and moderation team reflected that. 

I am reasonably certain that if you posted as you do now, back when it was fully moderated, you would have been banned because you do not fit what this forum was meant for.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Jayne on December 12, 2021, 06:20:31 PM
What you call tokenism was part of the founding vision of this forum.  They were trying to make a place where different sorts of trads could engage in civil discussions with each other.  Both the rules and moderation team reflected that.
Jayne. You can read, so why didn't you? I called mikemac's desired mod team as tokenism like on a NO parish council because they are all trad-lite (at best) and vary in nationality, sex, condition, etc.

QuoteI am reasonably certain that if you posted as you do now, back when it was fully moderated, you would have been banned because you do not fit what this forum was meant for.
Probably but I only treat people here like sh*t if they treat me like sh*t. If this place was fully moderated, Heinrich, Christulsa, and diadult would have been immediately spanked for how they welcomed me. They weren't so I read the room and figured out what I'm able to dish back at people who strike out at me. By the way, your statement is true for about 1/3 of active posters. Look at all the uncharitableness in this thread alone (excluding Laus').

Jayne

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 12, 2021, 06:30:57 PM
QuoteI am reasonably certain that if you posted as you do now, back when it was fully moderated, you would have been banned because you do not fit what this forum was meant for.
Probably but I only treat people here like sh*t if they treat me like sh*t. If this place was fully moderated, Heinrich, Christulsa, and diadult would have been immediately spanked for how they welcomed me. They weren't so I read the room and figured out what I'm able to dish back at people who strike out at me. By the way, your statement is true for about 1/3 of active posters. Look at all the uncharitableness in this thread alone (excluding Laus').

This thread is representative of the state of the forum.  That is why I am saying we either need to restore moderation or pull the plug.  I agree that you were subjected to treatment that moderators probably would have reprimanded.  But your policy of returning evil for evil, as well as being against Christ's command, just makes things worse.  And it is not just you doing it.

Some people respond to the near anarchy here by leaving and others go "Dirty Harry". The latter are going to "get back" at everyone who offends them. And so, the amount of nasty fighting increases as the amount of edifying content goes down.  When the forum becomes unusable, will it matter who started it?

In theory, each of us could make the choice not to escalate the nastiness.  Turning the other cheek actually works.  Our Lord taught us to do this for a reason.

Chestertonian

Quote from: mikemac on December 12, 2021, 05:05:55 PM
Bottom line, I think Gog is the most depressing member that we have had on this forum. 

Happy to pass on the title.  You've done well, young grasshopper
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Christina_S

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 12, 2021, 06:54:24 PM
Quote from: mikemac on December 12, 2021, 05:05:55 PM
Bottom line, I think Gog is the most depressing member that we have had on this forum. 

Happy to pass on the title.  You've done well, young grasshopper
Oh Ches, how I've missed you! Even if you were depressing sometimes, you were at least willing to share in the joy of other members.

To mikemac, yes, I would potentially be interested in joining as a moderator, but only as part of a team. I don't believe a sole female moderator is a good idea except if it's at the lunch table while the father is at work  ;)
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

mikemac

Quote from: Christina_S on December 12, 2021, 07:25:34 PM

To mikemac, yes, I would potentially be interested in joining as a moderator, but only as part of a team. I don't believe a sole female moderator is a good idea except if it's at the lunch table while the father is at work  ;)

Sounds good Christina.  Both clau clau and ChairmanJoe thanked my reply #164 too, so it looks like they are good to go.  Right guys?  If so then we just need to hear from Heinrich, to make it five.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

queen.saints

I think Christina would make a very good female moderator. I can't ever remember her being dismissive, unfair, or unkind, even when she strongly disagrees with someone.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Jayne

Quote from: queen.saints on December 13, 2021, 08:52:51 AM
I think Christina would make a very good female moderator. I can't ever remember her being dismissive, unfair, or unkind, even when she strongly disagrees with someone.

It is useful to have a female moderator for dealing with the Mary Garden.  Male moderators have had to step in a couple of times since Penelope left the team and it was distressing for many of us.  It is also useful to have someone on the team to give a woman's perspective when they discuss matters as a group or to deal with sensitive issues involving female forum members.  I too can see Christina as someone who would make a good female moderator.

Something that came up with Penelope (the female moderator of the original team) a few times is that she gave instructions in her role as moderator to a man who resented feeling like a woman was in authority over him.  I sympathize with men who feel that way, given the state of the world we live in and all the problems associated with feminism.  Given what I have seen of Christina, I think that she could handle even a challenge like this.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Jayne on December 13, 2021, 09:39:23 AM
It is useful to have a female moderator for dealing with the Mary Garden.
This is an echo of my earlier call for subforum-specific mods. Heinrich for The Alps, Michael Wilson for The Sedevacantist Thesis, etc.