Moving Sale: Children's Books

Started by Hannelore, June 19, 2015, 01:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannelore

For convenience, children's books that are still available from my other threads will be included here as well. :) Prices do not include shipping.

Kenneth Graham set: The Wind in the Willows, Dream Days, and The Golden Age. Illustrated by E. H. Shephard. Copyright 1922. All three have matching cloth-covered pictorial hardcovers (with willow-leaf pattern, of course :)), and dustjackets with illustrations on the fronts. These are in really excellent condition, with no damage to note except some fading and chipping to the dustcover spines. I covered the dustcovers in professional-grade anti-glare protective covers as soon as I bought these (which was years ago. One of the protective covers has wrinkled, but as far as I can tell, the dustcover itself is undamaged. $45/set

A Little House Collection: The First Five Novels, by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Giant hardcover compendium, with Garth Williams' illustrations in color! Wrinkling to bottom edges of dustjacket, and remainder mark along bottom edge of textblock. $25

The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales. Paperback edition, with black and white line drawings. ISBN: 034709306. Name on inside of front cover. Cover has been protected by a layer of clear packing tape. No other issues. $12

A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Aladdin Classics paperback edition. Excellent condition. $4

George MacDonald hardcover omnibus edition. At the Back of the North Wind, The Princess and the Goblin, and The Princess and Curdie. With original black and white illustrations. Some fraying and chipping to upper edges of dustjacket. Binding and text are in excellent condition. $6

The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Hardcover with full-page color illustrations. ISBN: 051763225x Remnants of a price sticker on back cover. $6

Heidi, by Johanna Spyri. Hardcover with black and white illustrations. (Binding matches The Secret Garden). ISBN: 0517189674 Nameplate has been filled in. $6
Catholic Book of Knowledge: Catholic Life and Teaching, Tradition, Doctrine, and Church History. 3 Volume hardcover set. Imprimatur for the American edition is 1962, though originally published in England in 1961. Heavy, glossy pages with black and white prints and full-page color prints of religious paintings. Would probably be best for children ages 8-12. $45/set

First Communion Days and True Stories for First Communicants, by a Sister of Notre Dame. Hardcover Neumann Press editions. Black and white illustrations. First Communion Days has a black (crayon? ink?) squiggle on front cover (I bought these pre-owned). Name and date on inside of front covers of both. Other than that, they're in excellent condition! These appear to be out of print now. $30/set.

McGuffey's Eclectic Readers: Revised Edition. Primer through 6th (7 volumes) Hardcover, facsimile editions. $40.00
My Lord and my God.