Stepping Back for a Bit

Started by dellery, June 13, 2021, 10:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

Not running away because the place isn't Catholic enough for me or anything, but am going through a really rough time right now and don't want to project my "issues" onto the forum any more than I've done already.

Starting therapy at the end of this month, something I've avoided for far too long.

I'm not leaving anywhere anytime soon so I'll still be able to reply to PM's.

God Bless.

Sincerely, d.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Michael Wilson

Prayers for you; I hope you will get well.  :pray2:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Fleur-de-Lys

Wishing you all the best, dellery.  :pray3:

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: dellery on June 13, 2021, 10:45:38 AM
Not running away because the place isn't Catholic enough for me or anything, but am going through a really rough time right now and don't want to project my "issues" onto the forum any more than I've done already.

Starting therapy at the end of this month, something I've avoided for far too long.

God Bless.

Sincerely, d.

I wish you all the best for the times ahead, Dellery.

We could tell you were not okay. It's laudable to take that step back and to do what is necessary to get better. Prioritize your health and improving the relationships with those who are near you and who may depend on you. God bless.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Miriam_M

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

andy

TheReturnofLive

God Bless.

Sincerely, d.

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand." - Aldous Huxley
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

christulsa

Not running away because the place isn't Catholic enough for me or anything

It is because you made what any rational person would take as an objective death threat, be honest.  Regardless how serious you were.

dellery

"Be honest"? You say!?  :laugh:
---

I revealed something to Christulsa out of very misguided attempt at charity, which is why I can no longer post here.

He is choosing to interpret this as a threat against his life to presumably damage my standing on this forum. It's also worth mentioning that after he supposedly had his life threatened, he went on to tell me his name, where he lives, where he goes to Mass, as well as to call me divorced and uneducated (neither of which is true) and to say that I have PTSD. Not really something somebody who feels threatened would do.

His above post is rather ironic because he was accusing Jayne of revealing private communications between the two of them, which she did not do, only to explicitly do it himself.

This will be my last post, and if Christulsa's recourse is to further demonstrate he is a lying hypocrite that is fine by me.  :toth:
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Jayne

Our beloved moderator has just permanently banned christulsa, so you can look forward to that when you are ready to resume posting.

For what it's worth, I was quite sure that you had not really made a death threat before you even said so.  I suspect that many others realized it too.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

General Lee

Reading his username and posts, since his name is actually Chris, lives in Tulsa, and goes to the Latin Mass, that would not be hard for someone to track him down, if you were really serious with the threat, intended or not.  Especially since he has a family to protect and all.  Just sayin'

Did the moderator treat the threat seriously?