Christmas Carol thread

Started by Anastasia, December 24, 2013, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

People talk vaguely about the innocence of a little child, but they take mighty good care not to let it out of their sight for twenty minutes.-Saki.
"Meanwhile, Fate was quietly slipping lead into the boxing glove. "
— P.G. Wodehouse

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Deirdre

This is the best version I can find, but it's missing the third and fourth verses. :( Oh, well.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1hkFY3TgA[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIvH5GdY4JE[/yt]

My other favorites are "Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella," and "O Dear Little Children." And of course some of the better known ones: "Silent Night," "O Little Town of Bethlehem," and "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing."

Merry Christmas, everybody!
My Lord and my God.

Mr.Crowley

[yt]RzGQU5VMPdI[/yt]

Riu Riu Chiu is a cracker. It really captures the celebration feeling.

ADMG

Dextimus

[yt]http://youtu.be/o8RUtOIHCIk?t=6m00s[/yt]

You should already know this church :-)
We are singing the Christmas Mass Song "W?ród Nocnej Ciszy G?os si? Rozchodzi" (The Voice Spreads thru Silent Night)
Full version, all 20 stanzas, sung in Polish when Priest says the prayers in Latin.
Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests behave like priests, your bishops, like bishops, and your religious like religious. (Ven. Peter John Fulton Sheen)

Rose

To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

Quote from: Rose on November 04, 2014, 11:37:51 PM
How early is too early? :)
Really. It's not even Thanksgiving yet.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Don't listen to these 'Muricans and their Thanksgiving nonsense Rose...it's never too early. I've started listening to Christmas carols already. Y'all Yanks need an earlier Thanksgiving...like Canada  8)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 05, 2014, 10:59:18 AM

Don't listen to these 'Muricans and their Thanksgiving nonsense Rose...it's never too early. I've started listening to Christmas carols already. Y'all Yanks need an earlier Thanksgiving...like Canada  8)

This.  And July is a good month to start the Christmas music. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Maximilian

No, no, no.

Christmas season is still weeks away.

It's bad enough when the stores start right after Halloween, but it's even worse when the Catholics do it.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Maximilian on November 05, 2014, 01:51:33 PM
No, no, no.

It's bad enough when the stores start right after Halloween, but it's even worse when the Catholics do it.

I bought an album by schola antiqua for Advent music.

I'm wonderfully excited for the penitential season.  :D

And Christmas music obviously in the Christmas season (Dec 25-jan 6 or something), and then wintertime music for December.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Maximilian on November 05, 2014, 01:51:33 PM
No, no, no.

Scrooge

I LOVED Christmas as a kid - I love it even more now that I have the Faith...I for one am all about celebrating early. Come at me bro.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie