Our wedding video (TLM, Cebu Cathedral)

Started by Bonaventure, January 29, 2017, 10:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 10, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
I have watched another extract and I have seen that the bride even wore high heels...
You really are blinded by Satan.

High heels are for whores, not for Christian women.

I see. It was such a near occasion of sin that you decided to watch the video again and scrutinize the bride's dress even more closely. :lol:

The Harlequin King

Whatever our disagreements in the past, Jayne is knocking it out of the ballpark in this thread with her comments.

Lynne

Quote from: Relicario on February 10, 2017, 12:15:51 PM
Quote from: Jayne on February 10, 2017, 12:13:47 PM
Quote from: Relicario on February 10, 2017, 12:09:05 PM
Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 10, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
I have watched another extract and I have seen that the bride even wore high heels...
You really are blinded by Satan.

High heels are for whores, not for Christian women.

Wow, and people why trads have such a bad reputation.
Note that all the people arguing with this person are also trads.

yeah, I was just pointing out that because of people like him the community has such a bad rep.

Generalizations?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bonaventure

He is permanently banned for insulting my wife.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

A few thoughts...
1)  Why would anyone insult the wife of a mod?  O.o  Dumb.
2)  I don't want to live in a world where high heels are only for whores.   :swoon:
3)  I still don't believe that guy is French. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 10, 2017, 04:00:38 PM
A few thoughts...
1)  Why would anyone insult the wife of a mod?  O.o  Dumb.
2)  I don't want to live in a world where high heels are only for whores.   :swoon:
3)  I still don't believe that guy is French.

But, but, high heels make women attractive, so mortal sin!  :leaving:

Jayne

I hope the same action would have been taken whether or not a moderator's wife was the woman insulted.  He would have been out of line to say those things about any woman dressed that way. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Jayne on February 10, 2017, 04:04:54 PM
I hope the same action would have been taken whether or not a moderator's wife was the woman insulted.  He would have been out of line to say those things about any woman dressed that way.

Yes, it would.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

JubilateDeo

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 08, 2017, 03:09:10 PM
Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 08, 2017, 02:34:50 PM
QuoteAs far as I can tell, it would meet the majority of Catholics' standards.  Personally, I thought the bride appeared both beautiful and modest. 

Yes, that is why many theologians taught that the majority of Catholics go to hell.

Such dress is objectively condemned by the Holy See. What sort of Catholics you American guys are? Even in my French chapel most men agree with me when I tell them that several women have an immodest dress.

Uptight Frenchmen? 

What kind of Frenchies do you hang around with?

The French people I have met have always been very abrupt and direct, and not necessarily the type to care about someone else's feelings.  So in that respect, he seems pretty French to me :lol:

Jayne

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 11, 2017, 02:39:58 AM
QuoteI see. It was such a near occasion of sin that you decided to watch the video again and scrutinize the bride's dress even more closely.

Near occasions of sins are sins only when they are not justified.

Discovering almost half of one's back is clearly a sin, you are not sincere about that.
As for high heels, they are made to sway the hips. It is such an obscene fashion!
The lovers of immodest fashions will be damned if they do not repent, such was the teaching of Our Lady of Fatima.

Nothing about your posts in this thread is justified.  The priests and bishops in the Philippines take modesty seriously and any wedding taking place there would have to pass their standards. Your opinions are as unnecessary as they are irrational.

You are not doing God's work or fighting sin. You appear to have serious problems and I recommend you seek advice from a good priest. You need to be banned because you are disruptive and have poor judgment. It is not a matter of personal insult to the moderator or his wife. It is a matter of the good of the forum.

MrsBonaventure

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 11, 2017, 02:32:27 AM
I have not insulted your wife, Bonaventure: I have said that high heels are for whores, not for Christian women. If I did not respect your wife, I would have approved her clothing. There is no greater way to show my respect for your wife than to denounce her dress. You are the one who insults one's own wife, because you do not respect her dignity.

If I am to be banned because I say that, then ban me. Our Lord said: "Woe to you when men shall bless you: for according to these things did their fathers to the false prophets."

Why do you people believe that I am not French? I am proud to belong to this former great nation because it is the new Israel, and it is still the center of Catholic tradition. The next pope (I am speaking about the TRUE pope) will be French, as predicted by Maximin of la Salette.

Maybe you have doubts regarding my identity because France is renowned for female elegance and such voluptuous things. I would answer that firstly it is not the best reason to like France, and secondly elegance is not immodesty.

Not only am I French but I live in the village next to one of the greatest places of Eucharist miracle, Faverney.

I was not gonna say anything bec I thought to response to your hypocritical comments is a waste of my time.

But I must say this, you are a disgust to the Catholic Church if you claim to be part of it. By any means, you have no right to judge me. Even Jesus said; "He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her."
What do you know about me? I spent years in religious life and studied dogmastic theology for all you know. I've met real saintly people and they don't think even a bit, same to the way you do. You are a hypocrite, scrupulous man. I have French friends and some even attended our wedding. I have high regards for them, they are decent men. It's a shame to have known someone like you. You think too highly of yourself. But we will all be praying for you.

Let the Lord judge any men by the intentions and Pureness of his heart, not by his mere appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayne

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 11, 2017, 01:16:40 PM
A woman has no need to study dogmatic theology, she has to live in humility and decency.
Theology is for men.

Everyone has to live in humility and decency.  Especially people who study theology.

dymphna17

Ha!  I haven't seen a genuine nut like this one in years.  You know, the kind that think it is a true state in life to "correct sinners".  You have the Religious state of life, the Married state of life, the Single state of life, and the Professional Extremist Condemners state of life.  "It is my duty as a true Catholic to make sure you all know you are going to hell, but I still have the need to tell you WHY I'm going to heaven and you're not!" 

Satan is hard at work against Traditionalists again.  You can always tell, because roaches like these become emboldened to crawl out from under the refrigerator in broad daylight.  They don't realize, until they've grown spiritually out of the toddler stage, that not even Christ Himself approached people this way.  Someday, Jean-Baptiste, you will look back on posts like these and be truly embarrassed.  I've seen it many times.  I just hope and pray you don't die in the mean time.

I do hope, Mrs. Bonaventure, that you are not upset by this.  Sometimes those who are truly kind and charitable can take nonsense like this to heart and be bothered by it.  All this poster is worth is a prayer that Our Lord will show him back to the right path (and maybe one for his Guardian Angel to box his ears a bit   ;)  ).
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Jayne

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 11, 2017, 02:00:50 PM
I do hope, Mrs. Bonaventure, that you are not upset by this.  Sometimes those who are truly kind and charitable can take nonsense like this to heart and be bothered by it.  All this poster is worth is a prayer that Our Lord will show him back to the right path (and maybe one for his Guardian Angel to box his ears a bit   ;)  ).

Yes!  Please do not be upset by this Mrs. Bonaventure.