Our wedding video (TLM, Cebu Cathedral)

Started by Bonaventure, January 29, 2017, 10:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 09, 2017, 02:06:25 AM
If I were a priest - and I may become one - I would not celebrate the wedding of any faithful dressed that way, and I would refuse Communion to all those shameful women who dress immodestly.

Serious question.  Who the hell would ordain you? 

Or have you finally gotten treated for your deficiency that leads you to believe paul vi is still alive?

(Also, you'd make a terrible priest, to be honest, but that's neither here nor there at the moment)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jayne

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 09, 2017, 02:06:25 AM
If you think that a dress which uncovers half of the back is modest, then I can do nothing to help you.
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/morality/modesty/dress.htm :

On January 12, 1930, the Sacred Congregation of the Council, by mandate of Pope Pius XI, issued emphatic instructions on modesty of dress to all bishops, directing them to insist on these prescriptions: "We recall that a dress cannot be called decent which is cut deeper than two fingers breadth under the pit of the throat, which does not cover the arms at least to the elbows, and scarcely reaches a bit beyond the knee. Furthermore, dresses of transparent material are improper. "Let parents keep their daughters away from public gymnastic games and contests; but, if their daughters are compelled to attend such exhibitions, let them see to it that they are fully and modestly dressed. Let them never permit their daughters to don immodest garb."

Here is the text of the document issued on Jan 12, 1930:
Quote1. The parish priest, and especially the preacher, when occasion arises, should, according to the words of the Apostle Paul (2 Tim. iv, 2), insist, argue exhort and command that feminine garb be based on modesty and womanly ornament be a defense of virtue. Let them likewise admonish parents to cause their daughters to cease wearing indecorous dress.

2. Parents, conscious of their grave obligations toward the education, especially religious and moral, to their offspring, should see to it that their daughters are solidly instructed, from earliest childhood, in Christian doctrine; and they themselves should assiduously inculcate in their souls, by word and example, love for the virtues of modesty and chastity; and since their family should follow the example of the Holy Family, they must rule in such a manner that all its members, reared within the walls of the home, should find reason and incentive to love and preserve modesty.

3. Let parents keep their daughters away from public gymnastic games and contests; but if their daughters are compelled to attend such exhibitions, let them see that they are fully and modestly dressed. Let them never permit their daughters to don immodest garb.

4. Superioresses and teachers in schools for girls must do their utmost to instill love of modesty in the hearts of maidens confided to their care and urge them to dress modestly.

5. Said Superioresses and teachers must not receive in their colleges and schools immodestly dressed girls, and should not even make an exception in the case of mothers of pupils. If, after being admitted, girls persist in dressing immodestly, such pupils should be dismissed.

6. Nuns, in compliance with the Letter dated August 23, 1928, by the Sacred Congregation of Religious, must not receive in their colleges, schools, oratories or recreation grounds, or, if once admitted, tolerate girls who are not dressed with Christian modesty; said Nuns, in addition, should do their utmost so that love for holy chastity and Christian modesty may become deeply rooted in the hearts of their pupils.

7. It is desirable that pious organizations of women be founded, which by their counsel, example and propaganda should combat the wearing of apparel unsuited to Christian modesty, and should promote purity of customs and modesty of dress.

8. In the pious associations of women those who dress immodestly should not be admitted to membership; but if, perchance, they are received, and after having been admitted, fall again into their error, they should be dismissed forthwith.

9. Maidens and women dressed immodestly are to be debarred from Holy Communion and from acting as sponsors at the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation; further, if the offense be extreme, they may even be forbidden to enter the church.

Donato Cardinal Sbaretti, Prefect

Congregation of the Council

Rome, January 12, 1930

This appears in the AAS and is therefore an official Church document.  The quote you give does not appear in it or any other official source.  It is attributed to different authors depending on the modesty website.  Even if it actually was said, there is no reason to think it is an authoritative instruction that we must obey.

While the authoritative document above does not give specifics about length of sleeves, etc., it does say who has authority to be instructing people on modesty: priests, parents, and teachers.

You are not included as a priest just because you are considering becoming a priest some day.  So the person who is not following a directive from the Holy See is you.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Bonaventure on February 08, 2017, 10:09:03 PM
Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 08, 2017, 08:27:30 AM
Immodest dress.

You are a shameful sepulcher. Had you truly cared for my spiritual being and wanted to offer fraternal charity, you'd do so the proper way, in private, with true concern. No, you want to toot your horn and make it apparent to all men that you are holier than me, that my wife somehow led others to sin, and that we are inferior to you.

Je m'en fiche, Sainte-Nitouche.

He's just jealous of your beautiful bride. Ne t'en fais pas.

Jean-Baptiste

Nietzsche would be happy to hear your argument, Fleur-de-lys: according to him, virtuous people are jealous of the wicked, and those who do not live in wickedness are weak men.

My purpose in life is not to enjoy the pleasures of this world, but to love God and be eternally happy in heaven.

You are not good Christians because you defend vice.
"Come out of her, my people, that you may not be involved in her guilt, nor share the plagues that fall upon her. Her guilt mounts up to heaven; the Lord has kept her sins in remembrance"  (Apocalypse XVIII. 4-6).

Jayne

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 09, 2017, 01:39:50 PM
My purpose in life is not to enjoy the pleasures of this world, but to love God and be eternally happy in heaven.

You are not good Christians because you defend vice.

You have been chastising people without authority or adequate knowledge.  Do you think that makes you a good Christian?

Jean-Baptiste

The adequate knowledge is the law of the Gospel, which blames all kinds of indecency and the pride of Satan.

One day, there was on this forum a topic about movies, and a member rightly told you that watching movies with scenes of nudity or immodesty was a near occasion of mortal sin, and thus a mortal sin in itself. There was not a single person to defend him, and he was finally banned temporarily. Because you despise the Catholic doctrine.

If you do not blush to see such an immodest dress in a Church, there you are ready for the coming of the Antichrist.

What do you need to consider a dress as immodest? Do you believe that Padre Pio accepted that? Do you believe that the holy curé of Ars accepted that?
"Come out of her, my people, that you may not be involved in her guilt, nor share the plagues that fall upon her. Her guilt mounts up to heaven; the Lord has kept her sins in remembrance"  (Apocalypse XVIII. 4-6).

Older Salt

I watched that beautiful video again and di not see in any way how the bride is immodest.
And I frequent an SSPX Chapel and wear ties to do manual labor in 8o degree weather.

Absolutely no near occasion of sin for me to look at the glowing bride.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Jayne

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 10, 2017, 01:41:42 AM
One day, there was on this forum a topic about movies, and a member rightly told you that watching movies with scenes of nudity or immodesty was a near occasion of mortal sin, and thus a mortal sin in itself. There was not a single person to defend him, and he was finally banned temporarily. Because you despise the Catholic doctrine.

As I recall, there were people who agreed that we should not watch movies with nudity and immodesty but were objecting to the poster's way of posting.  He was making mistakes similar to yours.  Objecting to poorly done fraternal correction has nothing to do with despising Catholic doctrine. 

If you do not blush to see such an immodest dress in a Church, there you are ready for the coming of the Antichrist.

What do you need to consider a dress as immodest? Do you believe that Padre Pio accepted that? Do you believe that the holy curé of Ars accepted that?

If you cannot recognize a young woman shining with purity and modesty, you are the one with the problem.

martin88nyc

The adequate knowledge is the law of the Gospel, which blames all kinds of indecency and the pride of Satan.

It is not true that no one defended what he has said. It wasn't really what he was saying that annoyed quite a number here but rather his authoritarian tone and your tone is similar to his. You should focus on your own soul my friend.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jean-Baptiste

I have watched another extract and I have seen that the bride even wore high heels...
You really are blinded by Satan.

High heels are for whores, not for Christian women.

Older Salt

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste on February 10, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
I have watched another extract and I have seen that the bride even wore high heels...

Show us Church Teaching where it says high heels are for whores.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Relicario

Wow, and people why trads have such a bad reputation.

Jayne

The wedding in question took place in the Philippines.  This has got to be one of the places in the world where Catholics pay the most attention to modesty.  In 2007 the Bishop of Manila issued modesty guidelines and there are posters up showing these in all parishes.

As we can all see, this woman met the objective modesty standards set by a nearby bishop so it is absurd to accuse her of immodesty based on your subjective opinions.  If you still have problems with the way she was dressed, I suggest you take it up with the bishop, rather than harass an innocent woman.

Jayne

Quote from: Relicario on February 10, 2017, 12:09:05 PM

Note that all the people arguing with this person are also trads.

Relicario

Quote from: Jayne on February 10, 2017, 12:13:47 PM
Quote from: Relicario on February 10, 2017, 12:09:05 PM

Note that all the people arguing with this person are also trads.

yeah, I was just pointing out that because of people like him the community has such a bad rep.