Top Must Read Books for Traditional Catholics

Started by Sophia3, July 25, 2018, 10:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habitual_Ritual

This book does a great job breaking down the ideological war with the left:

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Philip G.

I recommend the sspx introduction pack.  All of those works are very much alive.  Fr. Fahey's "the church and farming" book is a favorite I recommend.  Pascal's "providential letters" is another favorite I recommend.  And lastly, but probably most importantly, the old testament.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

TradGranny

Humility of Heart by Fr. Cajetan Mary da Bergamo
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Bernadette

The Practice of the Presence of God, by Brother Lawrence.
My Lord and my God.

Jman123

Stanley

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Acolyte

This one is a good read for catechumens.

Sent from my LM-X210VPP using Tapatalk

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III