For lifelong traditional Catholics, do you think of yourself as "traditional"?

Started by Insanis, July 06, 2021, 06:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

Trads are divided not on the question of our faith; but the application of the principles of our faith to the particular situation today.
So, you ask trads if Francis is the Pope? Some will answer "yes" some "no"; but they are united in responding that the Pope is the successor of Peter and head of the Church.
We all use the same Catechisms; Doctrinal Manuals; assist at the TLM and use the traditional sacramental rites; are all trads? Yes.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

mikemac

Quote from: Insanis on July 07, 2021, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: mikemac on July 07, 2021, 04:00:19 PM

You don't know the prayers in Canadian?   ;D

"Amen, eh"

You know the joke about how to spell Canada, right?

I do now.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Flick

Born 1941, just turned 80. I identify myself as a Traditional Roman Catholic.
". . . we will jealously protect the small but still burning candle of our traditional Catholic Faith, and patiently carry on our spiritual Resistance movement without the hoped-for papal approval." Fr. Gommar A. DePauw, August 15, 1967, Letter to Paul VI, www.latinmass-ctm.org/pub/archive.htm.

diaduit

Quote from: Flick on July 08, 2021, 04:06:38 PM
Born 1941, just turned 80. I identify myself as a Traditional Roman Catholic.

Me too, I don't see the problem with saying I'm traditional Catholic.

Cool user name at 80 and online forum user.... :toth:

Prayerful

Oh for the day when traditional is an unneeded adjective. A Catholic has to be traditional.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.