Putin announces new bombs that are impervious to USA missile defense systems

Started by Jman123, March 02, 2018, 10:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Maybe they didn't.

Or maybe living in Britain, he continued to be a threat to Russia's national security.

If you can fight wars and kill enemy soldiers then you can certainly kill your own traitors.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Greg on March 08, 2018, 09:56:38 PM
Maybe they didn't.

Or maybe living in Britain, he continued to be a threat to Russia's national security.

If you can fight wars and kill enemy soldiers then you can certainly kill your own traitors.
Actually traitors used to be hanged.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Gardener

Quote from: Greg on March 08, 2018, 09:56:38 PM
Maybe they didn't.

Killing a man, and attempting to kill his daughter, years after a swap seems to me, as your countrymen might say, to not be very cricket.

I have no problem with executing traitors.

But as you say, maybe it wasn't an official (err... unofficial) action on the part of the Russian .gov; perhaps it was a payback from an old comrade.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Xavier

Quote from: Davis BlankIt was only a decade ago that Putin was Bush's buddy, Hillary was ready to reset relations, and Obama was whispering sweet nothings into Medevev's ear.

Right. But go beyond that to Reagan and Gorbachev. Gorbachev told the world that glasnost and perestroika were for real, that the Soviets were really going to change etc. But this is what he told his "comrades", ""Gentlemen, Comrades, do not be concerned about all that you hear about 'glasnost' and 'perestroika' and democracy in the coming years. These are primarily for outward consumption. There will be no significant change within the Soviet Union, other than for cosmetic purposes. Our purpose is to disarm the Americans, and to let them fall asleep." There is an old proverb that the Communist bear never dies - it only hibernates until it is ready to pounce.

Let's not forget what Communism was and the unbelievable devastation it caused both in Russia and around the world - not least to the Church. It was the greatest horror of the 20th century without question and cost some 100,000,000 lives, many in Russia itself. President Reagan was commended by Archbishop Lefebvre himself, "In Europe they are all afraid, afraid, afraid of the Communists. Why? Until the Communists occupy all Europe. But President Reagan's action may have delayed war by making the Communists afraid"

The question is whether Putin really wants a clean break with the past or whether he wants to revive the "glories" of the mass murdering apostates Stalin and Lenin.  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-election-putin/putin-before-vote-says-hed-reverse-soviet-collapse-if-he-could-agencies-idUSKCN1GE2TF If someone really despises Stalin and Lenin for their crimes, then he would hail even the limited fall of Communism - if it was really that - as something that at least brought some measure of freedom for Christians and others in Russia. Yet Putin again has said he regrets the fall of the Soviet union and would reverse it if he could. Now this. It's difficult to know for sure, but I don't think Putin can be trusted. It would be good if we had fresh leadership in Russia, though that seems out of the question this ime with Navalny barred from contesting.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: clau clau on March 08, 2018, 09:10:28 AM
QuoteForeign Secretary Boris Johnson told lawmakers Tuesday that if Moscow is shown to have been involved in the Skripal case, the government would act - possibly downgrading England's participation in this year's soccer World Cup in Russia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-vs-iceland-gary-lineker-euro-2016-defeat-worst-in-our-history-alan-shearer-wants-england-job-a7106856.html

I bloody well hope not. I have tickets to England v Panama in Nizhny Novgorod.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

clau clau

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 09, 2018, 02:14:21 AMI bloody well hope not. I have tickets to England v Panama in Nizhny Novgorod.

I predict a draw.  1-1.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Tales

Xavier,

Communism was a product of the "enlightened" West.  Russia, which had good relations with the West, had been trying to play catch-up with her idol the West.  See St. Petersburg.  Communism was what they thought the future would be for the West, so they decided to just get there first.  What a disaster it was.  So many dead for the errors of the West and its abandonment of the Church.  Russia was, generally speaking, on good relations with the West until it tried to bypass us with communism and it blew up in her face.  She aped us and suffered horrifically for it.  And the West suffers for it now, having abandoned the Church and creating moronic ideologies to replace Christianity, we now have turned former allies (Russia) or neutral countries (China) into perpetual, nuclear-armed enemies.  These mistakes will carry on for ages and ages, like a generational curse.

As for the Reuters link, it is likely out of context, and I trust nothing the mainstream media reports on.  Regardless, my wife is communist Chinese (we live in China), and even though she despises Mao, she is still nostalgic for some of her childhood memories back in the communist days.  I think I recall even Solzhenitsyn stating some positive aspects to the society he grew up within - it gave his people courage and spirit, which he saw lacking in America.  It would not surprise me if Putin too finds some positive aspects to it.

As for the Gorbachev quote - there is a difference between a country run under soviet communism ideology and one run by former soviet oligarchs.  Russia has the latter now, and it is an enormous improvement from its former self.  Democracy is irrelevant.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

King Wenceslas

However we got here, we are here now. Missteps, failed policies, failed states, etc.

The West is once again into another Cold War with Russia. With the West now taken over by the errors of Russia, where this new Cold War ends up at, no one knows for certain. I suspect minor confrontations until the last final major confrontation.

It does seem whenever Russia wants to kill someone in the West they can do it.

Greg

They tend to stick to killing their own citizens and no more than half a dozen a year.

USA just bombs cities filled with OTHER PEOPLE'S civilians and calls it 'collateral damage'.  Or supplies weapons to those who do the dirty work by proxy.

Bumping off your own treacherous double agents is hardly something to lose much sleep over.  If Snowden had exposed a load of NSA operatives, then I am pretty sure the US would have found a way to snuff him out.

The state has been killing people ever since states began.  They have the power of life and death over their citizens and, if they are powerful enough, other state's citizens.

Greg

martin88nyc

The ony reason why we hear about this is because the powers that be are getting ready for another "Majdan" somewhere. The same thing happened just before the Olympic games in 2014 in Ukraine. Now when the FIFA world cup is fast approaching it is a perfect opportunity do to something vile when the whole world will be watching football.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33