Does the ’thanks’ function work properly?

Started by Sempronius, September 22, 2018, 01:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sempronius

I have 137 thanks, but when I checked earlier today I had 132. So naturally (forgive me my vanity), I wanted to see what I wrote that was so awesome, but no new thanks were registered.

Could it be that this function slyly puts in a couple of thanks every now and then?

The Curt Jester

You could try testing it by thanking this post.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Sempronius

Quote from: The Curt Jester on September 22, 2018, 01:26:10 PM
You could try testing it by thanking this post.

Not falling for that, you need to earn them

Gardener

They are displayed in order of your posts, not the thanking of said post, so perhaps some posts you made a while ago. I'd wanted to look into modifying the code to be able to see what/when but have been far too busy.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Sempronius

Quote from: Gardener on September 22, 2018, 05:11:31 PM
They are displayed in order of your posts, not the thanking of said post, so perhaps some posts you made a while ago. I'd wanted to look into modifying the code to be able to see what/when but have been far too busy.

I looked back a couple of months, couldnt see any new ones. Dont think 5 people looked through old threads and thanked mine posts in one day.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Sempronius on September 23, 2018, 04:34:47 AM

I looked back a couple of months, couldnt see any new ones. Dont think 5 people looked through old threads and thanked mine posts in one day.

The way I understand it is, lets say I was looking for an old fashioned way of making yogurt. And I found a post by Gardener
that he made in 2014. Since I found the post helpful, I thanked it.

But if Gardener looked at his posts from yesterday, he did not receive a thank you on those posts. But his thanks number increased, KWIM?  Again, this is just an example. I have thanked posts from people that I do not even see here at all at this point. The post might have been made when the forum started, but I was not registered at the time.
I am still able to thank the post. People can thank posts from previous years. I hope that I am making sense.  :)

Kaesekopf

This is the mod used:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3898

Well, we're on 1.3.3.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.