Are you prepared for the Three Days of Darkness?

Started by Lyubov, January 04, 2013, 02:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lateran

and so i consulted wikipedia ---- has anyone resolved the match or lighter problem?

beagle

I don't get much into stuff like that. If the world blows up, fine. I try to stay out of trouble in case that does happen.

I have a crappy attitude toward everything, though. Don't be like me.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Greg on January 05, 2013, 08:22:20 PM
Quote from: Pæniteo on January 05, 2013, 09:43:49 AM
I think the Three Days of Darkness leads to people caring about the temporal rather than the eternal.

You could say this of Joseph storing grain for a seven year famine.
Yes, I could. Those people, and Joseph himself, are all dead now, just like those who perished in the famine.

What matters is not the grain, but the virtue he had in leading, and his charity to others in need.

That something can be called temporal/vain is not a condemnation of it. However, it is a warning that if it is valued inordinately, it is evil.

My statement was that one can respond to private revelations in the way one things is best, but examining one's conduct and motives should be done to help uncover any faults or tendencies one might want to address.

Or the wise virgins and their lamps.
That was a parable, and the lesson was not about lamps, but about virtue. That was not temporal. That was an analogy.

If one understands parables concretely like that, perhaps that is another indication ;)

LouisIX

My wife and I now have our beeswax candles, so at least we have that.  I suppose the only other preparation one needs is to pray the rosary.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Mithrandylan

Is there a consensus as to what happens after the 3DD?  Is it rapture afterwards?  A thousand years of Christendom?  Spiritual warfare?

In other words, why do we need to survive the 3DD? 
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Greg

My main reason is so I can laugh at all the tossers who did not prepare when they knew it was a possibility. ;D
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LouisIX

Quote from: Mithrandylan on January 06, 2013, 05:02:36 PM
Is there a consensus as to what happens after the 3DD?  Is it rapture afterwards?  A thousand years of Christendom?  Spiritual warfare?

In other words, why do we need to survive the 3DD?

Certainly not rapture.  I think the 3DD is often spoken of as preceding the 30 year reign of peace (which is often made synonymous with the reign of the Great Monarch).
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.