What's for dinner?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm making Indian food - chicken palak and chana masala.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Leftovers: Cornbread, roasted brussels sprouts and asparagus, and potato-leek casserole.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

I cook Indian food as well. I make choli palak and dal makani. Chicken saag. I've even made keer for desert. Love Indian food.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

Not sure yet.  Cereal probably as I don't feel like cooking anything today.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

It's our youngest's 2nd birthday - 🎂 🎉. He's a big fan of beans and rice, so I'm making white beans with a leftover ham bone, along with salad and bread. And, cake and ice cream, of course!

OCLittleFlower

Probably going to pick up some sandwiches on the way to my husband's video game tournament. 
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: red solo cup on May 11, 2016, 01:48:29 PM
I cook Indian food as well. I make choli palak and dal makani. Chicken saag. I've even made keer for desert. Love Indian food.

I don't make it very often, maybe once a month, but my children love it, even the vegetables!

misericonfit

Fusilli, mince, aubergine bits, grated cheese, all heated for about 8 mins on medium low heat; cold coffee, then hot coffee; and probably some cheese.
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

alicewyf

We had homemade minestrone and bread and snacked on fresh veggies while we waited for everything to be done. I'm thinking something with pasta and salmon and capers tomorrow. For dessert after the kids fall asleep I'll have a lemon date bar (made them last nite) with some berries.

Christina_S

Chicken and rice, combined with steamed/chopped orange pepper and shredded carrot.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Bernadette

Quote from: red solo cup on May 11, 2016, 01:48:29 PM

My favorite is aloo palak, with cauliflower added. So tasty. And my aunt likes making homemade naan and paneer, which is also fabulous.
My Lord and my God.

Fleur-de-Lys

Tonight it's bratwurst and sauerkraut, one of my husband's favorites.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 12, 2016, 11:44:36 AM
Tonight it's bratwurst and sauerkraut, one of my husband's favorites.

My husband's, too  :). But, as he has a meeting this evening, kids and are keeping it simple....leftovers or sandwiches.

Fleur-de-Lys

It's Friday! I'm making macaroni and cheese with steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.