Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Mysterious

I saw 42 in the theater on Friday, very good movie about Jackie Robinson covering the years 1945-47.

"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: The Punisher on April 14, 2013, 07:09:10 PM
I saw 42 in the theater on Friday, very good movie about Jackie Robinson covering the years 1945-47.
was it preachy?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Mr. Mysterious

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 14, 2013, 08:28:16 PM
Quote from: The Punisher on April 14, 2013, 07:09:10 PM
was it preachy?
I wouldn't say it was preachy. It didn't whitewash a lot of the crap Robinson had to face when he broke into Major League Baseball. Branch Rickey (played by Harrison Ford) did quote the Bible a few times in the movie.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Patriarch

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Patriarch

Excellenticious choice, my good man! :toth:
— Psalm 50, 3.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

voxxpopulisuxx

Red Dawn (TOPICAL!..its time I think)
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Bonaventure

Mithrandylan

Equilibrium. 

It was a decent martial arts with guns action flick with a dystopian plot, but I couldn't recommend.  The general premise is that the populace has been convinced that their emotions are bad, so they take drugs that make them non-emotive and the government confiscates and destroys all art, music, etc. (anything that would inspire or move a person).  Of course, you get the tripe about how our emotions are what makes us human and without them life isn't worth living, etc. etc.  A dangerous message for anyone who isn't prepared to reject it on it's face.  I appreciated the dystopian theme and some of the action, but beyond that...
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Christknight104

Archer

Man on a ledge.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

Patriarch

Iron Man III; as of three-and-one-half hours ago. :toth:
— Psalm 50, 3.