Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmw89

The Shadow, in HD via OnDemand.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Someone1776

Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 05:39:48 PM

Is life really that bad? 

tmw89

Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 05:41:11 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 05:39:48 PM

Is life really that bad?

:laugh:

I remembered watching it on TV as a kid, and found an old VHS recording last week which I'd made from a broadcast in 2000ish.  Wanted to see what it looked like in HD.  Horrible CGI effects look a lot worse, plot-holes I hadn't noticed before glare out, and hammy acting abounds (John Lone went from Last Emperor to THIS??)

In other words... pure 1990s goodness.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Someone1776

Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 06:06:33 PM

:doh:

You could at least listen to Orson Welles' Shadow
[yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMf1RD8bltw[/yt]

tmw89

Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 06:08:14 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 06:06:33 PM

:doh:

You could at least listen to Orson Welles' Shadow

You know you love the 90s.

And I bought up a bunch of commercially-released audio cassettes of the old radio show in the 2000s, listened to them all the time...  haven't been able to find them, thanks for the YouTube vid/link.

---

Someone1776

tmw89

Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 06:18:01 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 06:10:59 PM

80s is where it's at, fool.

White wine vs. red wine  ;)

Or... Parmesan cheese vs. Swiss, take your pick!

---

Someone1776

Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 06:32:56 PM

More like Pius V vs Paul VI.

tmw89

Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 06:36:50 PM

Pfffff.  Your ridiculousness of your dichotomies make TIA blush.

---

Someone1776

Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 06:42:08 PM
Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 06:36:50 PM

You should throw Blade Runner away and start making posts on the greatness of Michael Bay!

tmw89

Quote from: Someone1776 on March 15, 2013, 06:47:37 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on March 15, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

You should throw Blade Runner away and start making posts on the greatness of Michael Bay!

Ha!  Now I'm trying to imagine BR re-cut by Bay... eesh.

I'd read Ridley Scott was going to make a sequel to it back when there was much hub-bub about Prometheus... wonder if it's still in the cards...

---

voxxpopulisuxx

loopers
Another movie that could be totally great without nudity...it added nothing to the story at all...this pisses me off because its like finding a perfect chocolate cake with a dead fly in the middle >:(
The writing and acting were good and the time-travel scenario intriguing.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Archer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on March 17, 2013, 11:31:22 AM
loopers
Another movie that could be totally great without nudity...it added nothing to the story at all...this pisses me off because its like finding a perfect chocolate cake with a dead fly in the middle >:(
The writing and acting were good and the time-travel scenario intriguing.

Totally agree that it ruins the movie.  There are so many movies with great plots that I've turned off or couldn't recommend to someone because of it. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney