Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedCaves

Django Unchained.

I never knew I could laugh at so many macabre moments.

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Larry

Quote from: Clare on January 11, 2014, 02:19:40 AM
The Maltese Falcon

Sydney Greenstreet and Peter Lorre own that movie.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

voxxpopulisuxx

Spirited Away.....very nice Alice in wonderland tale with creepy edges,
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAhCgNTmTc[/yt]
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Mono no aware

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 11, 2014, 02:20:44 PM
Spirited Away.....very nice Alice in wonderland tale with creepy edges,
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAhCgNTmTc[/yt]
Do you watch this with your kids VP, or for yourself? My grandchildren love Totoro and I've watched it a lot with them. The more I do the more subtlety and depth I notice. Miyazaki's films are terrific.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

voxxpopulisuxx

I watched it with my teens...I dont think it would good for small children as there confusing and frightening elements....especially the witch and the black ghosts.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Older Salt

Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

voxxpopulisuxx

Khodorkovsky
FANTASTIC DOCUMENTARY about Putin Russia and the Oligarchs!
Net flix

911!

Heinrich

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 12, 2014, 07:10:23 PM
Khodorkovsky
FANTASTIC DOCUMENTARY about Putin Russia and the Oligarchs!
Net flix

Let me guess: the jewish man is short changed by the evil dictator and the Amnesty International crowd is up in molotov cocktails for his release. I am not convinced that Mikael Khodorkovsky is a victim of a vicious oligarch.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

voxxpopulisuxx

Neither am I but it was still an excellent look inside Russia

911!

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Larry

Anastasia with Ingrid Bergman on Turner Classic Movies.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross