Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Ben on February 24, 2013, 02:10:02 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on February 24, 2013, 02:19:39 AM
Die Hard 5. Two thumbs up!
I think I'll pass on Die Hard 5!  ;D

I'm really into Russia, so I had to watch it.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Ben

Quote from: tmw89 on February 24, 2013, 04:21:17 PM
I've seen all of these except Die Hard 5 and the only one that was halfway watchable was Flight of the Phoenix. I see people asking in the comments section if he's the worst major film director.

I'd think that distinction would go to either Michael Bay or Uwe Boll...

Not Tommy Wiseau?

Ben

Quote from: tmw89 on February 24, 2013, 04:22:16 PM
Ever seen Synecdoche, New York, Ben?  Saddest movie ever... and of course, it stars PSH.

No, but thanks for the tip!

tmw89

Nevermind, you are absolutely ''on the money'' with Wiseau!
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Gottmitunsalex

War Horse.

Man, even the WWI Germans are portrayed as underage-killers, slave drivers, looters etc...
When will they give em a break for once?!

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

LouisIX

Quote from: Ben on February 24, 2013, 08:08:14 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on February 24, 2013, 04:21:17 PM
I've seen all of these except Die Hard 5 and the only one that was halfway watchable was Flight of the Phoenix. I see people asking in the comments section if he's the worst major film director.

I'd think that distinction would go to either Michael Bay or Uwe Boll...

Not Tommy Wiseau?

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Ben

:laugh:

Bay, btw, has made some watchable movies. Armageddon, for example.I've never seen any Uwe Bole.

Christknight104

Quote from: LouisIX on February 24, 2013, 04:05:47 AM
Quote from: Bonaventure on February 24, 2013, 02:28:38 AM
Quote from: LouisIX on February 24, 2013, 02:27:20 AM
I saw Django Unchained tonight which rounds out all of the Oscar noms for Best Picture for me.  I think it was a weak year.

Do you recommend it?

If its between Lincoln and Argo for best pic, I have to go with Argo. Lincoln was great but it's just like a left wing history some Ivory Tower commie would make me read.

I thought Argo was one of the weakest movies nominated. 

I concur. Argo was good, but not great. My mom and I  honestly think we could have gone without  watching it at all, which surprised me when it actually won. Maybe the Academy got a surge of patriotism :P

Christknight104

Silver Linings Playbook. A very good film and quite inspirational, though the dissolution of a marriage is far from ideal, but I digress. The lead actress, Jennifer Lawrence, is a really cute girl indeed. :D. Given just the choice between  Argo and Silver Linings for best picture, I would favor Silver Linings quite a bit.

Ben

I agree about Argo. Just saw it and it was one of those self-congratulatory Hollywood movies. And super dull.

All these critics give it a perfect score: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024648/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt

I don't know of any professional film critic whose taste is trustworthy.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Christknight104 on March 01, 2013, 01:40:40 AM
The lead actress, Jennifer Lawrence, is a really cute girl indeed.

Ha.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

voxxpopulisuxx

Stranger than Fiction. Extreamly underrated funny and smart and relatively clean.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.