Church/Covid Vent Thread

Started by CF Mathews, October 03, 2020, 09:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionallyruralmom

They should just mandate these little do hickeys and let us all get back to our lives for crying out pete's sake.....
https://utwpods.com/products/shieldpod?fbclid=IwAR1mYqziHgSplHS5J8edqOFEpYekHBD6JHDB54soUbqa5LH33pL2oEbydtU
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 16, 2020, 09:04:16 PM
I've said, for the longest time, that the only way to ensure something gets seen by me is to report the post to the moderator.  And a PM to me never hurt, just to doubly make sure I see it. 

Will do from now on.

And, for whatever it is worth, I didn't even see Jayne report the post.  She didn't PM me, I know that for sure.  There was a little birdie who reported it (well, besides Jayne), though, which is immensely appreciated.

Fleur-de-Lys sent me a PM yesterday claiming that she had complained to you about comments made to me.  But that you didn't do anything, which "surprised" her.

Do complaints to you have to come from the person being insulted before you act?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

awkwardcustomer

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: diaduit on October 16, 2020, 03:47:51 PM
https://cairnsnews.org/2020/10/16/canadian-politician-leaks-new-covid-lockdown-plan-and-great-reset-dictatorship-australia-is-part-of-it/

I am not too sure if this was posted anywhere else but given that this thread on Covid is the most current I will post it here.
It seems a Canadian government official of high enough status becomes the whistleblower on a roadmap for Covid 19 plus a possible Covid 21.  It is quite frightening and very much in line with what Awkward and I and a few others have been saying is coming.
One alarming detail is 'what happens to those who refuse the 'reset' which will incorporate a debt forgiveness on the basis of taking the vaccination and forfeiting all private property'.....the response under duress was something along the lines of 'they will be held in detention centres under the guise of public safety and not allowed out until they accept'.

Our Gov have moved added to level 3 that people can no longer have visitors to their homes or even in their garden.  For some reason this has greatly aggravated even the most asleep.  Why I don't know as we had this last March in first lockdown.  Some comments I've heard mostly include that parents are not putting their children through that again and also not complying with orders to not visit their elderly parents.  That was two days ago, people are really pissed and not bothering with new laws so today NPHET (treacherous medical committee) are recommending level 5.  At this stage I am willing to be arrested for not complying and I will co operate with the Gardai  when they ask my details etc but I'm not going to lie about where I am going and let them do what they want.  Ireland is already in 2nd wave as per document and we are fast moving towards extreme lockdown, even more so than 1st.

It might be an idea to save your strength.  If the timetable laid out on the article you linked to is accurate, the world will be full NWO within a year.  Then you, and others, will have plenty of opportunity to be arrested.

Here's the timetable for Canada, and for the rest of the world once the US election is out of the way.

– Phase in secondary lock down restrictions on a rolling basis, starting with major metropolitan areas first and expanding outward. Expected by November 2020.

– Rush the acquisition of (or construction of) isolation facilities across every province and territory. Expected by December 2020.

– Daily new cases of COVID-19 will surge beyond capacity of testing, including increases in COVID related deaths following the same growth curves. Expected by end of November 2020.

– Complete and total secondary lock down (much stricter than the first and second rolling phase restrictions). Expected by end of December 2020 – early January 2021.

– Reform and expansion of the unemployment program to be transitioned into the universal basic income program. Expected by Q1 2021.

– Projected COVID-19 mutation and/or co-infection with secondary virus (referred to as COVID-21) leading to a third wave with much higher mortality rate and higher rate of infection. Expected by February 2021.

– Daily new cases of COVID-21 hospitalizations and COVID-19 and COVID-21 related deaths will exceed medical care facilities capacity. Expected Q1–Q2 2021.

– Enhanced lock down restrictions (referred to as Third Lock Down) will be implemented. Full travel restrictions will be imposed (including inter-province and inter-city). Expected Q2 2021.

– Transitioning of individuals into the universal basic income program. Expected mid Q2 2021.

– Projected supply chain break downs, inventory shortages, large economic instability. Expected late Q2 2021.

– Deployment of military personnel into major metropolitan areas as well as all major roadways to establish travel checkpoints. Restrict travel and movement. Provide logistical support to the area. Expected by Q3 2021.

In other words, full NWO by next autumn.  This seems entirely feasible to me and is more or less the kind of timetable I was anticipating.  As for the US election - the world can't go full NWO until the US does and the US can't go full NWO until after the election, whoever wins.

If there was somewhere to run to, the time to be packing would be now.  But there isn't anywhere to run to, so save your strength.

Graham

Part of me hoped we could keep Kreutzritter this time. From what I saw he was posting more politely, for the most part. Of course, his lack of respect for traditionalism sometimes made me wish I could ban him myself. But he is quite an original and unusual thinker. I hope he continues to receive the sacraments, and someday comes back around to a more Catholic rule of faith.

Heinrich

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 17, 2020, 03:43:20 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 16, 2020, 09:04:16 PM
I've said, for the longest time, that the only way to ensure something gets seen by me is to report the post to the moderator.  And a PM to me never hurt, just to doubly make sure I see it. 

Will do from now on.

And, for whatever it is worth, I didn't even see Jayne report the post.  She didn't PM me, I know that for sure.  There was a little birdie who reported it (well, besides Jayne), though, which is immensely appreciated.

Fleur-de-Lys sent me a PM yesterday claiming that she had complained to you about comments made to me.  But that you didn't do anything, which "surprised" her.

Do complaints to you have to come from the person being insulted before you act?

Well, I have complained about Vetus Ordo's effusive praise and promotion of Islam, to no avail. Quite frankly, KK, you are doing a piss poor job of running this forum. You KNEW that the Theosist was a formerly banned poster, yet let him go and spit his tripe? Really?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 17, 2020, 03:43:20 AM

To be clear, awkward, what I said was that I didn't know why Kaesekopf took action on some reports and not others, but that you should contact him directly if you have concerns, because he isn't aware of everything that goes on on the forum.

SquidilyPiddles

Are you surprised they don't want you going to mass?
Ubi Ecclesia, ibi Christus

mikemac

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 17, 2020, 05:45:48 AM
Quote from: diaduit on October 16, 2020, 03:47:51 PM
https://cairnsnews.org/2020/10/16/canadian-politician-leaks-new-covid-lockdown-plan-and-great-reset-dictatorship-australia-is-part-of-it/

I am not too sure if this was posted anywhere else but given that this thread on Covid is the most current I will post it here.
It seems a Canadian government official of high enough status becomes the whistleblower on a roadmap for Covid 19 plus a possible Covid 21.  It is quite frightening and very much in line with what Awkward and I and a few others have been saying is coming.
One alarming detail is 'what happens to those who refuse the 'reset' which will incorporate a debt forgiveness on the basis of taking the vaccination and forfeiting all private property'.....the response under duress was something along the lines of 'they will be held in detention centres under the guise of public safety and not allowed out until they accept'.

Our Gov have moved added to level 3 that people can no longer have visitors to their homes or even in their garden.  For some reason this has greatly aggravated even the most asleep.  Why I don't know as we had this last March in first lockdown.  Some comments I've heard mostly include that parents are not putting their children through that again and also not complying with orders to not visit their elderly parents.  That was two days ago, people are really pissed and not bothering with new laws so today NPHET (treacherous medical committee) are recommending level 5.  At this stage I am willing to be arrested for not complying and I will co operate with the Gardai  when they ask my details etc but I'm not going to lie about where I am going and let them do what they want.  Ireland is already in 2nd wave as per document and we are fast moving towards extreme lockdown, even more so than 1st.

It might be an idea to save your strength.  If the timetable laid out on the article you linked to is accurate, the world will be full NWO within a year.  Then you, and others, will have plenty of opportunity to be arrested.

Here's the timetable for Canada, and for the rest of the world once the US election is out of the way.

– Phase in secondary lock down restrictions on a rolling basis, starting with major metropolitan areas first and expanding outward. Expected by November 2020.

– Rush the acquisition of (or construction of) isolation facilities across every province and territory. Expected by December 2020.

– Daily new cases of COVID-19 will surge beyond capacity of testing, including increases in COVID related deaths following the same growth curves. Expected by end of November 2020.

– Complete and total secondary lock down (much stricter than the first and second rolling phase restrictions). Expected by end of December 2020 – early January 2021.

– Reform and expansion of the unemployment program to be transitioned into the universal basic income program. Expected by Q1 2021.

– Projected COVID-19 mutation and/or co-infection with secondary virus (referred to as COVID-21) leading to a third wave with much higher mortality rate and higher rate of infection. Expected by February 2021.

– Daily new cases of COVID-21 hospitalizations and COVID-19 and COVID-21 related deaths will exceed medical care facilities capacity. Expected Q1–Q2 2021.

– Enhanced lock down restrictions (referred to as Third Lock Down) will be implemented. Full travel restrictions will be imposed (including inter-province and inter-city). Expected Q2 2021.

– Transitioning of individuals into the universal basic income program. Expected mid Q2 2021.

– Projected supply chain break downs, inventory shortages, large economic instability. Expected late Q2 2021.

– Deployment of military personnel into major metropolitan areas as well as all major roadways to establish travel checkpoints. Restrict travel and movement. Provide logistical support to the area. Expected by Q3 2021.

In other words, full NWO by next autumn.  This seems entirely feasible to me and is more or less the kind of timetable I was anticipating.  As for the US election - the world can't go full NWO until the US does and the US can't go full NWO until after the election, whoever wins.

If there was somewhere to run to, the time to be packing would be now.  But there isn't anywhere to run to, so save your strength.

Just so you know there are two sides to this story.

https://factcheck.afp.com/misleading-description-canadas-quarantine-sites-feeds-covid-19-conspiracy

QuoteMisleading description of Canada's quarantine sites feeds Covid-19 conspiracy
Updated on Friday 16 October 2020

After an Ontario politician condemned the Canadian federal government's Covid-19 quarantine sites as "internment camps," social media posts suggested that these sites would eventually be used to jail Canadians. This is false; the sites are facilities rented by the federal government for travellers who have no alternative for mandatory quarantine, Health Canada told AFP.

"I ask this government if people should prepare for internment camps," Ontario provincial member of parliament (MPP) Randy Hillier asked the central Canadian province's legislature during Question Period on October 7, 2020.

In the week that followed, a meme made comparisons between the quarantine sites and Nazi Germany's camps, while one Facebook user raised fears about having to stay quarantined "for the rest of your life." On Hillier's Facebook page, some commenters called them "concentration camps."

The National Citizens Alliance, a far-right political party with no seats in Parliament, picked up on Hillier's language to denounce "internment camps," while falsely claiming that children could be taken from parents for quarantine. Variations of the claims were present in a few online videos.

Government-run quarantine facilities are allowed in Canada under the Quarantine Act, passed in 2005 under Liberal prime minister Paul Martin.

In June 2020, the federal government issued its third order requiring every person entering Canada to quarantine for 14 days.

In his speech, Hillier was referring to facilities that the federal Canadian government deployed across the country and "are being used to address the Covid-19 fourteen day quarantine requirements for international travellers not having a suitable place to isolate," according to a government document.

"In general, those are hotels, so I don't really know where the notion of internment camps comes from," Andre Gagnon, a spokesman for Health Canada, the government agency in charge of the Covid-19 pandemic response, told AFP.

During his speech at Question Period, Hillier mentioned a Request For Information dated September 17, 2020, issued by the Canadian federal government, seeking estimations on the costs and logistics of managing "Federal Quarantine / Isolation sites that will be used to house and care for people for public health and other related federal requirements associated with the COVID-19 pandemic response."

According to a more detailed Letter of Interest, there are currently 11 such "Designated Quarantine Sites" in Canada's main urban centers, which can accommodate 1,600 people in total. Ten new sites are under consideration.

Hillier also claims that the quarantine facilities were designed to house "a broad spectrum of people, not limited to travelers," alleging that the phrase "international travellers" is absent from government documents. However, those words are found in the Letter of Interest, and nothing suggests the facilities will be used for other individuals.

Screenshot of the government of Canada's Letter of Interest regarding quarantine sites

The Canadian government is currently in charge of those sites, but is considering delegating this responsibility to third-party service providers, the letter of interest reads. Gagnon from Health Canada told AFP that this potential contract would be attributed in March 2021.

Gagnon told AFP that as of October 12, 126 travellers were housed in the designated quarantine sites, and that 3,922 travellers had quarantined in such sites since March 2020.

Quarantine facilities are common practice in the response to the Covid-19 pandemic. In the early days of the pandemic, UK residents repatriated from Wuhan were held at a hospital, while in France they stayed at a seaside town on the Mediterranean.

Australia and India also built facilities for nationals returning from abroad.

CORRECTION: This article was updated on October 16, 2020 to correct the party affiliation of Paul Martin in paragraph five.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

diaduit

We have our own fact checkers and I can tell you they are the worst liars in history.  One group Journal.ie which is a conglomeration of the most lefty journalists tried to fact check a full page advertisement taken out in our national newspaper Irish Times (equivalent to NY Times) by a millionaire who wants the government to look into other avenues of dealing with covid.  This advertisement contained facts from Gov sources.  The Journal did a fact check!!! said they were doing a fact check!! then did gymnastics with words that once  you deciphered, they actually couldn't find a fault.

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-irish-times-covid-19-ad-5234373-Oct2020/

One twitter user tagged Sinead O'Carroll , a journal.ie journalist and said 'so basically the add is correct?'

She in turn gave him a snarky reply and tagged his boss!! Well the world and its mother got angry with her over that even among their own journalist friends and she had to delete.

So thats the bed you lie in when you quote factcheckers.  However that is not to say the whistleblower is completely true but it is something to think about.

Edit to add this little gem too
https://twitter.com/SibhHean/status/1317456892373983239

Jayne

Quote from: CF Mathews on October 12, 2020, 03:43:47 PM
Final thought of mine before I leave this thread:  This is the Olympics.  This is what we've trained for our whole lives.  We cannot fail.  The stakes are too high.

A time of struggle and martyrdom is approaching.  A time is coming soon when being Catholic will be a matter of risking one's life.  People who have decided masks is the hill to die on will have wasted their efforts on something trivial and will have lost the chance to make a stand for the Faith.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Quote from: Non Nobis on October 13, 2020, 01:16:20 AM
I can think of circumstances where refusing to wear a mask would be morally required.  E.g. If you believed that you were really being initiated into/showing your approval for a Satanic group as some here seem to think with the NWO rulers

While people ought to follow the demands of conscience, they might still be objectively wrong.  They may even be culpable for a conscience which leads to such conclusions.  For example, perhaps they failed to do as much critical thinking as the could have.  Perhaps they did not make sufficient effort to seek good counsel.

The Church makes a distinction between invincible ignorance and culpable ignorance.  We can be held responsible for believing wrong ideas no matter how sincerely we hold them.  Sometimes we should have known better.

Jayne

Since I only have a few hours on weekends available for the forum now, I can't manage the sort of back and forth discussion involved in a topic like this.  I am just going to give a summary of my thoughts and I'm not sure if I will be able to do more.

I am looking for an argument against wearing masks that is based on a traditional Catholic of obedience and authority.  Nobody in this thread has done this.  (Ascetik, at least, attempted to, but the passage of the Summa he cited did not apply.)  It also needs to be logically coherent.

In this thread, I have seen personal attacks on me and others.  I have seen groundless assertions that wearing masks is an occult initiation rite or a sign of accepting the NWO.  I have seen claims from people with no medical expertise that it is medically inadvisable or unnecessary.  I have seen people making straw man arguments that treat the obedience enjoined on Catholics as if it were blind obedience.  I have seen self-serving appeals to "common sense" and nonsensical claims that we must refuse masks to save society.

Nobody on this thread has said a thing that makes enough sense for me even to consider it a possibility that we ought to refuse masks.  I will probably drop this subject due to lack of time,  but nobody has come close to persuading me.  First I would need to see that people understand and accept the traditional Catholic teaching on obedience. Then I would need to see a logical argument as to what makes wearing masks one of the exceptions to obedience allowed for in Catholic teaching.  These things have not happened on this thread yet and I do not expect them to.

dellery

Quote from: Jayne on October 18, 2020, 12:14:35 PM
Since I only have a few hours on weekends available for the forum now, I can't manage the sort of back and forth discussion involved in a topic like this.  I am just going to give a summary of my thoughts and I'm not sure if I will be able to do more.

I am looking for an argument against wearing masks that is based on a traditional Catholic of obedience and authority.  Nobody in this thread has done this.  (Ascetik, at least, attempted to, but the passage of the Summa he cited did not apply.)  It also needs to be logically coherent.

In this thread, I have seen personal attacks on me and others.  I have seen groundless assertions that wearing masks is an occult initiation rite or a sign of accepting the NWO.  I have seen claims from people with no medical expertise that it is medically inadvisable or unnecessary.  I have seen people making straw man arguments that treat the obedience enjoined on Catholics as if it were blind obedience.  I have seen self-serving appeals to "common sense" and nonsensical claims that we must refuse masks to save society.

Nobody on this thread has said a thing that makes enough sense for me even to consider it a possibility that we ought to refuse masks.  I will probably drop this subject due to lack of time,  but nobody has come close to persuading me.  First I would need to see that people understand and accept the traditional Catholic teaching on obedience. Then I would need to see a logical argument as to what makes wearing masks one of the exceptions to obedience allowed for in Catholic teaching.  These things have not happened on this thread yet and I do not expect them to.

Your concept of obedience is wrong and you dodged all of the rhetorical questions I asked testing your understanding of Catholic obedience.

You probably should drop this topic since you're unable to discuss it honestly.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Jayne

Quote from: dellery on October 18, 2020, 12:28:59 PM
You probably should drop this topic since you're unable to discuss it honestly.

You are replying to a post in which I said that I would probably drop this topic because I did not have time.  Are you writing this so that you can pretend that my lack of response is an admission of dishonesty?

Just in case, let me say for the record that I have been completely honest in everything that I have written in this thread (as well as anywhere else on this forum.)  By the way, you have said nothing to indicate that you have a good understanding of Catholic teaching on obedience, so you are in no position to test other people on the subject.