SSPX Ordinations in Virginia?

Started by Elizabeth, July 01, 2017, 06:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ermy_law

The person in the still photo before clicking is Bp. Tissier.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: ermy_law on July 08, 2017, 01:27:23 PM
The person in the still photo before clicking is Bp. Tissier.

Thank you, Ermy_Law :)
Now, hopefully someone can tells us about the other Bishop in the choir section.

Sockpuppet

It would really be weird if there have been NO bishops attending the SSPX ordinations all these years...

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Sockpuppet on July 08, 2017, 10:09:54 PM
It would really be weird if there have been NO bishops attending the SSPX ordinations all these years...

Proof the SSPX sold out to Rome ages ago and are keeping up appearances to sway the hardliners.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 08, 2017, 10:20:31 PM

Proof the SSPX sold out to Rome ages ago and are keeping up appearances to sway the hardliners.

How would the SSPX explain the presence of the local Bishop or NO Bishop to the people attending the ordinations. If we noticed him in the pictures, I am sure that the people in attendance noticed as well. And it seems that this is not the first time. The pictures are from 2017 & the video posted above is from 2016. This is a bit confusing to me.

Elizabeth

Bp. Fellayhas noted often the complete chaos in the N.O. for the past several years.  I met a priest at the Ordinations the other day who said he is from the Diocese of Richmond.  He was clearly very, very interested in a good way.  Can't remember his name.

In Cincinnati, there was a N.O. Monsignor who always came to the Midnight Mass.

Anyway, more proof of the Sell Out.  :cheeseheadbeer:

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Christe Eleison on July 09, 2017, 12:33:08 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 08, 2017, 10:20:31 PM

How would the SSPX explain the presence of the local Bishop or NO Bishop to the people attending the ordinations. If we noticed him in the pictures, I am sure that the people in attendance noticed as well. And it seems that this is not the first time. The pictures are from 2017 & the video posted above is from 2016. This is a bit confusing to me.
I was being sarcastic :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

ermy_law

ermy_law

The person I was trying to identify is Chorbishop Anthony Spinosa of Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: ermy_law on July 09, 2017, 07:47:10 PM
The person I was trying to identify is Chorbishop Anthony Spinosa of Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine.

What does that mean?  What's a chorbishop?

ermy_law

It's an Eastern Catholic title. Seems to be an archpriest sort of rank -- not actually a bishop. Akin to a monsignor, maybe.

This person is a Maronite; hence the peculiar choir dress.

See wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorbishop

Seems this person is friendly to tradition. He's speaking at the upcoming Catholic Identity Conference: https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/register-catholic-identity-conference-2017

obscurus

I am almost certain that Fr. Scott Gardner of the SSPX attended Fr. Anthony Spinosa's elevation to chorbishop in 2016. Fr. Gardner is the bald priest.