Hello =)

Started by Miles Contra Mundi, January 28, 2014, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miles Contra Mundi

Hello everybody. I'm new.

What brings you to SD? A place to vent my frustrations and anxieties about the state of the church. Anonymous advice and consolation with my own spiritual problems. A place to enjoy understanding and acceptance from other traditional Catholics.

Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Please please visit the Catholic Truth blog. http://catholictruthblog.com/ A blog based in Scotland focusing on the crisis in the Church there. Most of us are either SSPX supporters or sympathetic to the society. Visit our website to read our excellent bimonthly newsletter: http://www.catholictruthscotland.com/

Why did you choose your username and avatar? I love Capybaras, my favourite animal. A kind of giant aquatic guinea-pig. Miles Contra Mundi means soldier against the world. It's a combination of a user name I use in other places, Miles Immaculatae, 'Knight of the Immaculate', and the famous maxim Athanasius contra mundi

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Sinlge. I want to be a priest for the SSPX when I graduate from university.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Glasgow Scotland. Although I am from near Manchester originally.

Personality type? Melancholic

Favorite books? At the moment, 'Hunger Games Trilogy'.

Favorite movies? Donny Darko (all the films Jake Gyllenhall has been in since are rubbish though)

Favorite TV shows? Crime and legal Drama. Like 'Silent Witness', a BBC programme.

Have any hobbies? Bell ringing in the change ringing style (very hard!)

Pet peeves: Neo-Catholics.

"When England returns to Walsingham, Our Lady will return to England" - Leo PP. XIII

Daniel

Kaesekopf

Hahaha, welcome, good sir!  I think you're really enjoy it here.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Welcome.  You sound like you will bring an interesting perspective to our discussions.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Cesar_Augustus

Angelorum

"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

Archer

Welcome to Suscipe Domine.  :toth:
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross