Hello All

Started by Claves Regni, December 11, 2018, 10:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claves Regni

I created this account a while ago, don't know if I ever posted or introduced myself. I'm 30 years old and live in the American Southwest. I'm a husband and father of two. I'm a very bad, usually unfaithful Catholic trying to stay on the straight and narrow. I hope to learn and discuss. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum; I look forward to your participation and contributions here.  :cheeseheadbeer:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

Live in SW, too. I am worse than you.

Welcome.  :cheeseheadbeer:
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Heinrich on December 15, 2018, 05:05:46 PM

Maybe, but does he lift as well as you?

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Gardener

Well this doesn't bode well for me then...

Quote from: Michael Wilson on December 15, 2018, 06:38:38 PM

I lift worse than Heinrich.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on December 15, 2018, 08:20:51 PM

I am lifting a mason jar full of New Belgium 1554 as I types. Today was supposed to be leg day. I guess now it's keg day.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Who don't?

Non Nobis

Quote from: Michael Wilson on December 16, 2018, 05:55:02 PM

Who don't?

I started "lifting" 5 lb weights for ladies.  Watch out Heinrich! :rofl:
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Acolyte

Welcome and Merry Christmas!
Quote from: Claves Regni on December 11, 2018, 10:58:45 PM
I created this account a while ago, don't know if I ever posted or introduced myself. I'm 30 years old and live in the American Southwest. I'm a husband and father of two. I'm a very bad, usually unfaithful Catholic trying to stay on the straight and narrow. I hope to learn and discuss. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Sent from my LM-X210VPP using Tapatalk

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Carleendiane

Bad here, too, but trying. :) welcome. You are in good company, friend!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Christe Eleison

Welcome, friend! :toth:

Merry Christmas to you & yours :pray2: