Finally finished the body for this doll's head

Started by Bernadette, June 18, 2017, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Overall, I'm pleased, but the upper legs ended up being slightly too long. Oh, well, they won't show once she's dressed. This project took a looong time, first because I was intimidated by it and then because I just wasn't motivated to do much in the way of projects for some time. But now that I made myself do it, I'm glad. :) I'll probably make another version of it eventually, once the mistakes bother me enough.  ::)
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

She is lovely.  How are you going to dress her?
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Chemise; corset; two petticoats; and a dress made from a pretty brown checked cotton that I've found on ebay and added to my watchlist. Ever since I bought the head I've imagined her dressed in brown checked cotton, for some reason, so I'll stick with it. Maybe some tucks and a ruffle on the skirt. Depends.

And I've already taken the head off to make adjustments to the fit.  ::)
My Lord and my God.

Perpetua

Bernadette,

I have an large old plastic doll made in Russia in the early 90's. She is in pretty good condition, although she has lost one set of eyelashes. You can pull them out and put them back in, they're just kind of thick black eyelashes. I can't find the other set, so I was wondering, do you know a way to make new ones that you can insert into the dolls eyes/eyelids?

Carleendiane

Bird, I'd love to cut you loose on a few projects here! Have you done any furniture? I mean swapping out the worn material for new? Reupholstering. You are so good with materials! Do you make curtains and rugs? As you can see, my interest goes more towards home improvement. Anyway, just wondering.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Perpetua on August 17, 2017, 10:27:51 AM
Bernadette,

I have an large old plastic doll made in Russia in the early 90's. She is in pretty good condition, although she has lost one set of eyelashes. You can pull them out and put them back in, they're just kind of thick black eyelashes. I can't find the other set, so I was wondering, do you know a way to make new ones that you can insert into the dolls eyes/eyelids?

No, I don't have any ideas on how to do this. You might have better luck sending her to a doll restorer.

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 17, 2017, 07:57:19 PM
Bird, I'd love to cut you loose on a few projects here! Have you done any furniture? I mean swapping out the worn material for new? Reupholstering. You are so good with materials! Do you make curtains and rugs? As you can see, my interest goes more towards home improvement. Anyway, just wondering.

I've reupholstered a chair by myself. Wasn't that hard. All I needed was the material and a heavy duty staple gun.
My Lord and my God.