Hemp seeds very nutritious

Started by Geremia, May 18, 2021, 05:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Insanis on May 20, 2021, 12:40:57 AM
Quote from: Jayne on May 19, 2021, 06:48:58 PM
This is why it is helpful to look at cultures, like the Inuit, with a primarily meat diet to see what effect it had.  What evidence is there that it caused any problems?

I do not have the references  on hand, but it doesn't matter.

Just because a somewhat isolated population seemed to do well on an extreme diet, it doesn't mean other people can.

You have offered no evidence that there is anything wrong with the carnivore diet.  All you have come up with is that there might be some problem with it that might show up some day.  We could say that about any diet, including the one that you eat.  You could not show a meatless diet is healthy according to the standards you are setting for me.

There is no reason to think there is anything wrong with an all meat diet.  We know what nutrients people need and we know that they can all be supplied by meat.   There are plenty of instances of people eating this way, not only without problems, but often reversing pre-existing illnesses.    While there used to be claims that meat causes cancer and other health problems, these have all been debunked at this point, so we do not even have a model of how an all meat diet could be unhealthy.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Insanis

I am not going to make a generalized claim about something being totally unhealthy or healthy for everyone if it doesn't violate a clear principle that is easily demonstrated (ie, a diet free of calcium is unhealthy, but a low protein or a high protein diet could be just fine, but they could also present problems to individuals depending on circumstances).

Insanis

Quote from: Jayne on May 20, 2021, 11:40:25 AM
There is no reason to think there is anything wrong with an all meat diet. 

There is a weird thing about never eating anything from animals. It is largely compatible with every religious dietary recommendation or obligation.

However, although there is nothing morally wrong with eating animals, eating only animals is very luxurious in almost all situations. The only people who did this are those who live in extreme environments.

For a modern person not forced by circumstances to eat only meat, it seems excessive unless a doctor specifically recommends it for valid medical reasons to an individual.

Otherwise, for most people, it is luxury.

(Unless a person is actually going out and doing the hunting and slaughtering and animal husbandry, etc.)

Jayne

Quote from: Insanis on May 20, 2021, 02:12:29 PM

For a modern person not forced by circumstances to eat only meat, it seems excessive unless a doctor specifically recommends it for valid medical reasons to an individual.

Otherwise, for most people, it is luxury.

Few doctors know enough about nutrition to realize the potential health benefits of the carnivore diet.  I am currently eating this way for medical reasons (and seeing great results) but I need to educate my doctor about it, not wait for his recommendations.  It is fairly common, however, for doctors to say "keep doing whatever you're doing" when they see patients who have figured out how to improve their own health.  In that sense,  it is recommended by my doctor.

Most North Americans could afford to do it, by using less expensive cuts and buying on sale and in bulk.  Especially if, as is common, it ends up saving a lot of money on medication, it is not really a luxury.  It is true that many people throughout the world cannot afford to eat much meat.  But that does not make it a luxury. Lots of people cannot afford shoes, but I do not consider them a luxury item.

Insanis

Quote from: Jayne on May 20, 2021, 03:02:39 PM
Most North Americans could afford to do it,

Not all at once, probably, however, I would agree that switching to any whole foods based diet, extreme or not, would vastly improve the general health of the nation.

It seems like food has just become recreation, rather than nutrition. Of course, that isn't the only thing that has been perverted into recreation only.

So I agree with you in principle and I am glad the diet is working. I didn't know you were personally doing it. I suspect if I were to do it, I'd have very different results.

Before going plants only, I was close to eating all meat (steak and tuna primarily). However, that was a very long time ago.

What forms the bulk of your caloric intake?

Jayne

Quote from: Insanis on May 20, 2021, 03:11:16 PM
What forms the bulk of your caloric intake?

Beef in various forums: roast brisket, steak, ground beef, beef liver, beef broth  I also eat eggs (from chickens and ducks, not cows) fairly often.

Insanis

Quote from: Jayne on May 20, 2021, 03:20:41 PM
Beef in various forums: roast brisket, steak, ground beef, beef liver, beef broth  I also eat eggs (from chickens and ducks, not cows) fairly often.

I was thinking it would be more exotic than that.

I am glad it is working. I don't recommend cow eggs or cow pies.

Elizabeth.2

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Elizabeth.2

Mike, anything "milk" or 'cream" that does not come from a cow inordinately disappoints me and I take it personally. I only scream because I care.  ;D

Insanis

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on May 23, 2021, 08:17:48 PM
Mike, anything "milk" or 'cream" that does not come from a cow inordinately disappoints me and I take it personally. I only scream because I care.

All mammals produce milk.

Cream of Wheat must drive you crazy.

For me, it is "corn on the cob". Corn is corn (or maize to be specific), and corn off the cob is special.

Of course, the subject of inconsistent naming could be milked for ages, and I prefer not to make any more cheesy puns, so I'll end it here, no more tit for tat. I'll keep abreast of the topic though.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Insanis on May 23, 2021, 08:26:59 PM
Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on May 23, 2021, 08:17:48 PM
Mike, anything "milk" or 'cream" that does not come from a cow inordinately disappoints me and I take it personally. I only scream because I care.

All mammals produce milk.

Cream of Wheat must drive you crazy.

For me, it is "corn on the cob". Corn is corn (or maize to be specific), and corn off the cob is special.

Of course, the subject of inconsistent naming could be milked for ages, and I prefer not to make any more cheesy puns, so I'll end it here, no more tit for tat. I'll keep abreast of the topic though.
It is interesting that you mentioned Cream of Wheat, because I am crazy for it. Co-incidence?
I make it thick, add butter, brown sugar and half=and=half.  I always add more cream as I go.
I love it. 

diaduit

I eat a spoonful of milled hemp in the morning and it cut out cramping or ibs symptoms to virtually non existence. Much more effective than milled flaxseed.