MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on May 23, 2021, 04:16:13 PM
Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 22, 2021, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: diaduit on May 22, 2021, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 22, 2021, 03:48:15 PM
Chickens. 7 of them.

I have 7 too....I love my chickens

I don't have any chickens.  :'(

Don't worry. You have a birthday coming up.

You better make good on this!  It's officially on record 🐣🐓🐥

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Just bought Ken Burns' The Civil War. Can't wait to watch it again and see Shelby Foote being interviewed. Might try reading his book series next.
My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

Quote from: diaduit on May 23, 2021, 03:55:49 AM
Chickens. 7 of them.

Do you live in an apartment? they are so easy to keep even with a small back garden.

They can produce a fine crop or yield or whatever of eggs, but my granny always said that hens always die in debt, once you reckon the cost of the inputs.

I ordered some while ago, and only recently got The Manual of the Holy Catholic Church, Chicago, 1906. It has few to no prayers, excepting a Stations of the Cross in the plates, but it is a comprehensive and clear exposition of Church Teaching. The only unclear thing seemed the entry on mixed marriage (states various things with urgency and forces but no really saying anything too clear except it was not the wisest), perhaps Ne Temere was expected and awaited. It also has a dried Easter palm.

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Melkor

ZT 0350. Won't let me upload a photo for some reason.

https://www.knivesplus.com/zerotolerancezt0350zt-0350ts.html
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Fleur-de-Lys

Chickens. 7 of them.

Do you live in an apartment? they are so easy to keep even with a small back garden.

I definitely have the space. There is even an old coop on our property. But I'm not sure I have the time right now to start a new project. I always thought that keeping chickens would be fun though.

diaduit

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 24, 2021, 02:24:15 PM
Chickens. 7 of them.

I definitely have the space. There is even an old coop on our property. But I'm not sure I have the time right now to start a new project. I always thought that keeping chickens would be fun though.

Go big or go broke (when the time is right), get some goats too and watch the goats playfully chase the chickens.....adorable

and your hubbys comment on your birthday cracked me up  ;D

Insanis

I just bought a case for my 45s today. I was looking for something else (which I also found) but saw it and realized I should get it and it would solve a storage issue I am having.

It is meant to be portable, but I am going to use to store my 45s at home to better use the allocated space for them.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: diaduit on May 25, 2021, 01:57:12 AM
Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 24, 2021, 02:24:15 PM
Chickens. 7 of them.

Go big or go broke (when the time is right), get some goats too and watch the goats playfully chase the chickens.....adorable

Definitely! I'd love to have some goats too. There is nothing like fresh milk for making cheese.

Heinrich

Quote from: Insanis on May 25, 2021, 11:01:21 AM
I just bought a case for my 45s today. I was looking for something else (which I also found) but saw it and realized I should get it and it would solve a storage issue I am having.

It is meant to be portable, but I am going to use to store my 45s at home to better use the allocated space for them.

Do you have a Sig Sauer? Ammoland has .45 ACP at .65 cents a round. Gotta be in bulk of a 1000, though.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Insanis

Quote from: Heinrich on May 25, 2021, 02:54:16 PM

Do you have a Sig Sauer? Ammoland has .45 ACP at .65 cents a round. Gotta be in bulk of a 1000, though.

I have over 20 45s, but many are RCA. I keep them next to my 78s, but since they are so much smaller, they don't really stay upright without adding something to the sides to keep them in place. The case will keep them contained and more easily stored on the same shelf.

My 45s aren't .45 ACP, but they are 45 RPM.

https://imgur.com/a/teGJbl7

Heinrich

Quote from: Insanis on May 25, 2021, 04:56:45 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 25, 2021, 02:54:16 PM

I have over 20 45s, but many are RCA. I keep them next to my 78s, but since they are so much smaller, they don't really stay upright without adding something to the sides to keep them in place. The case will keep them contained and more easily stored on the same shelf.

My 45s aren't .45 ACP, but they are 45 RPM.

https://imgur.com/a/teGJbl7

What the?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Insanis

Quote from: Heinrich on May 25, 2021, 07:05:30 PM
What the?

45s are a format for recorded audio, usually, singles or collections of 45s kept together in albums.

Like my knives, my 45s are not weapons.

mikemac

lol  45 music records not .45 caliber shells for a revolver.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source