Kindle: getting Google Play Store onto my Amazon Kindle HD 10?

Started by Non Nobis, February 25, 2023, 08:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Bernadette or other Kindle users:

Amazon Appstore has many android apps, but Google Play Store has many more and more standard ones, including such things as Tapatalk (I used to use that on this forum, although not any more).  Long ago I found out how to get Google Play apps one at a time onto my older Kindle; slightly tricky but I have a tech background long ago..

Now years later I find that installing Google Play Store itself onto Kindle is more supported, not by Google or Amazon themselves, but by many tech websites online. Doing this is not trivial but I think I could manage it. Once this is done, it becomes considerably easier to get individual apps.

Note that both Amazon and Google are still being paid for individual apps (I'm not trying to get around that).   They are not happy and may not fully support apps that come from the "wrong store".  But I don't believe this is illegal or immoral, just a little risky and "unauthorized".  Any other thoughts? People do have disagreements about this online.

Here are a few websites that give directions: androidpolice.com, howtogeek.com, wired.com, ...

Anyone have experience with this?  You don't have to give instructions, but I will ask for help it I need it.

NOTE: I don't own a smartphone at all currently!  I'm 66, retired, and get along with the kindle. I will probably get an android phone some time soon but not planning to use it that much.

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Bernadette

I've installed google play on my fire tablet before. It was easy. I followed the instructions given by androidpolice.
My Lord and my God.

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!