¡Aquí se holdea con cojones!

Started by GMC, November 10, 2022, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMC

Heinrich

Sharks and Blood in the water, OK. But overall, the figurative is lost on me anglo ears and understanding.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Boy needs to have his mouth washed out with Jabon!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

Quote from: Michael Wilson on November 10, 2022, 04:59:18 PM
Boy needs to have his mouth washed out with Jabon!

That there then is el problema. Never served in Spanish military or lived in Miami.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Instaurare omnia

Just from the first few seconds of attitude, I figured ese pibe es porteño, but actually, he's all yours, GMC. Me parece que de niño debían darlo unas mas de galletadas para que lo enseñaban un poco de respecto. (Apologies for any errors, but I don't get much practice anymore. And no, galletadas are not "cookies".)
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Goldfinch

El chico del video necesita limpiarse la boca. Demasiados tacos es señal de un corazón sucio.

Mas ahora, dejad también vosotros todas estas cosas: ira, enojo, malicia, maledicencia, torpes palabras de vuestra boca. (Col. 3:5)

También debo decir que el neologismo "holdear" es particularmente repugnante. Es un servilismo abyecto al idioma inglés.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

Heinrich

Quote from: Goldfinch on November 11, 2022, 02:22:49 PM
El chico del video necesita limpiarse la boca. Demasiados tacos es señal de un corazón sucio.

Mas ahora, dejad también vosotros todas estas cosas: ira, enojo, malicia, maledicencia, torpes palabras de vuestra boca. (Col. 3:5)

También debo decir que el neologismo "holdear" es particularmente repugnante. Es un servilismo abyecto al idioma inglés.

Yeah. No wonder i was lost. Never heard of it.

GMC

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on November 10, 2022, 06:06:46 PM
Just from the first few seconds of attitude, I figured ese pibe es porteño, but actually, he's all yours, GMC. Me parece que de niño debían darlo unas mas de galletadas para que lo enseñaban un poco de respecto. (Apologies for any errors, but I don't get much practice anymore. And no, galletadas are not "cookies".)

The guy is a libertarian cryptobro very popular among Spanish-speaking libertarians. Yeah he's spaniard.

The context of this video is the fall of bitcoin last year. He gave this sergeant speech trying to talk his followers out of selling, and the Op's title line became a meme. Now that bitcoin has fallen even more, and since this type of cryptobros seems to me to be gamblers and bitcoin an absurd speculative bubble, it made me laugh and I posted it.

PS: Galletadas: Slaps  :thumbsup:

Josephine87

Quote from: Goldfinch on November 11, 2022, 02:22:49 PMEl chico del video necesita limpiarse la boca. Demasiados tacos es señal de un corazón sucio.

¿Cuál es la traducción fiel de la biblia al español?

¿Hay una nueva traducción que no sea mala?

"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

GMC

Quote from: Josephine87 on February 20, 2023, 02:45:53 PM¿Cuál es la traducción fiel de la biblia al español?

¿Hay una nueva traducción que no sea mala?

Yo tengo la Nácar-Colunga de 1965, de la BAC: Biblioteca de Autores Cristianos. Las introducciones de los libros y las notas tienen tintes modernistas pero el texto creo que es fiel.

De todos modos quizá te interese leer esto:

https://adelantelafe.com/biblias-en-espanol-buenas-y-malas/

Michael Wilson

I have a Spanish bible with notes and commentary from Monsenor Staubinger; very good.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Josephine87

Gracias a los dos!  Buscaré estos.

¿Ese sitio web "Adelante la Fe" es bueno para leer artículos tradicionales en español?
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

GMC

Quote from: Josephine87 on March 05, 2023, 02:44:56 PMGracias a los dos!  Buscaré estos.

¿Ese sitio web "Adelante la Fe" es bueno para leer artículos tradicionales en español?

La línea editorial es bastante parecida a One Peter Five, de hecho alojan allí artículos traducidos de esa web al español, así que lo que opines de una te vale para la otra.