If Suscipe Domine were a bar...

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 14, 2021, 05:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

Quote from: Melkor on May 14, 2021, 08:40:16 PM
Phillip G is asking the bartender if the drinks are plant based.

Melkor is asking the bartender if the drinks are THC infused.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

diaduit

Christe Eleison is going from table to table making sure to talk to everyone and pep talking them like a coach at half time.

Who's cleaning the toilets?  I nominate Goggy. :)

mikemac

Vetus and Fleur are in a private booth near the back,
Hey they are related so cut them some slack.

The heretic is still attacking Marian devotion.
The owner of this establishment seems to enjoy all the commotion.

Heinrich has offered to bounce the blasphemers.
He could still ask newcomers if they are lifters.

Are they really related, or were you just joking?
Oh I don't know, puff, puff, I've been smoking.

Tonight all the tables and chairs are full.
Everyone's come to see diaduit ride the bull.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Jayne

Quote from: Jacob on May 14, 2021, 08:41:13 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What kind of "trivia" is Jayne beating /everyone/ at? ;)

Trivial trivia. But Heinrich accuses me of showing off, so I stop playing and go over to sit with Jacob where we have a conversation by writing on napkins.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Michael Wilson

Heinrich, the bouncer,  is greeting patrons at the door asking them: "Do you lift?"

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 14, 2021, 08:30:40 PM
Live has been looking at the menu for 20 minutes.

Gardener is sitting in the parking lot running everyone's license plate.

Lynne is assisting him.

Gardener would be buying people's drinks. Lynn and her husband are wearing Steelers jerseys and looking pumped up. Heinrich would not be fighting, but would be cooking the brats on the grill and stirring and slinging the Cincinnati style chili.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Heinrich

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 15, 2021, 08:33:19 AM
Heinrich, the bouncer,  is greeting patrons at the door asking them: "Do you lift?"

I was bouncer back in the day. Late nights.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Melkor

Quote from: Philip G. on May 15, 2021, 01:24:19 AM
Quote from: Melkor on May 14, 2021, 08:40:16 PM
Phillip G is asking the bartender if the drinks are plant based.

Melkor is asking the bartender if the drinks are THC infused.

Haha nice one man! :cheeseheadbeer:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

MundaCorMeum

QuoteMunda, Bernadette, and many of the ladies are dancing in a group ignoring the men. The men are fine with that. They don't want to dance anyway.

Until Mr. Munda gets off work and shows up.  Then, we happily swing dance the night away  :).

Melkor

Daniel, PdR, Phillip G and a few others are having some serious semi-theological discussions in the corner.

Maxim Gun is looking in askance at the guys who have had more than three beers.

Gerard is ranting against Fatima but no one is listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Tennessean

Quote from: GiftOfGod on May 14, 2021, 08:23:44 PM
The authorities would shut it down due to the repeated fights among patrons and no on-site management.
Sounds like a great place tbh

Sent from my SM-A025V using Tapatalk

Melkor

mikemac has had a few drinks and breaks into an anti-Trudeau rant. The other Canadians cheer him on.

Heinrich

If Vetus is indeed there, drinking beer, we can call him a Al Vetus Chugbar although it probably wouldn't be his type of place even if he were a drinking muzzie.

red solo cup

Quote from: Jacob on May 14, 2021, 08:41:13 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What kind of "trivia" is Jayne beating /everyone/ at? ;)
Latin declensions
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Fleur-de-Lys

Mikemac is right, Vetus is sitting with me. While I'm taking note of everyone's activities, he's deciding where to place the explosives.