Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on May 13, 2013, 09:04:18 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 13, 2013, 08:53:26 PM

Why would you trap it?  Why wouldn't you just kill it and vacuum it up? 

Eesh.

Wasn't sure it it was a jumper and I had the bag handy. I put it in a catalog and smashed it with a shoe after the photo session.

Plus it's fun to gross other people out.

:(
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Mono no aware

Quote from: piabee on May 13, 2013, 08:33:50 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 13, 2013, 08:19:59 PM
2)  What is that?

Some kind of bug that I have never seen before and which I trapped in a plastic bag.

Looks like a stinkbug.

piabee

Quote from: MilesChristi on May 13, 2013, 09:05:04 PM

I've seen some of them flying around my room

What I saw seemed more like a crawling than a flying insect.

Quote from: Mr Brocklehurst on May 14, 2013, 03:05:42 PM
Looks like a stinkbug.

I've seen (and smelled, unfortunately) stinkbugs. This was about an inch long. It squished bright green and red, if that's helpful.

Gottmitunsalex

Looks like a giant acarid. (it probably isn't one)

Ya know, the type all cats with hair have. (I am allergic to cats, actually the acarids/mites that they carry. Seriously allergic. No joke)

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

kayla_veronica

Spent the evening with my mom doing some shopping. She bought me a nice bathroom rug (memory foam). I've never had a bathroom rug, so I'm pretty stoked.  ;D
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

kayla_veronica

Piabe I've come across a few of those in the bedroom of my old apartment. I always thought they were stink bugs so I never squashed them.
and under the earth,
Amen.

SweetLambs

Quote from: Mr Brocklehurst on May 14, 2013, 03:05:42 PM
Quote from: piabee on May 13, 2013, 08:33:50 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 13, 2013, 08:19:59 PM
2)  What is that?

Some kind of bug that I have never seen before and which I trapped in a plastic bag.

Looks like a stinkbug.

I think so too.  We have them around.

piabee

This insect was 2-3x bigger than a stinkbug.

kayla_veronica

and under the earth,
Amen.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: piabee on May 16, 2013, 12:23:53 PM
This insect was 2-3x bigger than a stinkbug.

Stinkbug on steroids?
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

OCLittleFlower

I watched my dog kill a spider.  Nice big one, too.   :tongue:
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

VeraeFidei

I bought a bicycle for my wife, and a child seat for the little one. We are going to bike to a delicious fish restaurant today for lunch, as it is her birthday.

dymphna17

Quote from: VeraeFidei on May 17, 2013, 10:56:55 AM
I bought a bicycle for my wife, and a child seat for the little one. We are going to bike to a delicious fish restaurant today for lunch, as it is her birthday.

Ahhh.  How sweet!  Hope you have a good time.  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

VeraeFidei

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 20, 2013, 10:38:35 PM
Quote from: VeraeFidei on May 17, 2013, 10:56:55 AM

Ahhh.  How sweet!  Hope you have a good time.  :)
We did, thank you!

Pheo

Well I guess I've done a few things...apparently I'm much more productive without the internet haha.  I spent a day wandering around Point Pelee National Park with my bro - well over 250 species of songbirds migrate through the park each May, and they take a pitstop there at the southernmost tip of Canada.  We were able to pick out 50+, and we're definitely not experts.

Got some more morels, but also grabbed a pile of wild leeks too.  They taste great, kind of a mix between garlic and onions.  I was a bit too late for fiddleheads though.

Last Friday I finally graduated!  It was pretty neat to be announced as "Dr" as I crossed the stage.

And now I'm just getting ready to head out West for a Mumford & Sons concert - to be followed-up by a drive through the Rocky Mountains.  Those should be a fun few days.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.