Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc123

Spent a long weekend at a monastery.

LausTibiChriste

Golfed with my old man yesterday. Nothing like being +6 thru 3 to start.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 12, 2016, 05:41:17 PM

They have Golf in Canada? Or did you drive to Idaho?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on September 12, 2016, 05:43:53 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 12, 2016, 05:41:17 PM

They have Golf in Canada? Or did you drive to Idaho?

Yes we have golf. And running water (for the most part). But I am dying to drive down to Coeur d'Alene and play the course there.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Chestertonian

celebrated my wife's birthday and our new babys baptism at home.  was a big group of people in our house, not nearly as big as some of the big christening parties i have gone to but it was mre than enough social interaction for me to handle. 

When our firstborn son was a week old we had it done at Our Saviour church in manhattan, i remember it took so much out of m wfe to take me all the way there and she and his godparents and I ended up going t o chipotle afterwards which ended up being perfectlyfine for everyne involved (except me i guess but the rest of the mortals have to eat). so it has been an inside joke between us that we will go to Chipotle for his first communion and wedding too. so this time around we did not go to chipotle but asked people to bring mexican dish of their choice. i remember after my baptism we did tequila shots so they did tequila shots too. 

then I slept for about 12 hours straight
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

JubilateDeo

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 12, 2016, 07:09:34 PM
celebrated my wife's birthday and our new babys baptism at home.  was a big group of people in our house, not nearly as big as some of the big christening parties i have gone to but it was mre than enough social interaction for me to handle. 

When our firstborn son was a week old we had it done at Our Saviour church in manhattan, i remember it took so much out of m wfe to take me all the way there and she and his godparents and I ended up going t o chipotle afterwards which ended up being perfectlyfine for everyne involved (except me i guess but the rest of the mortals have to eat). so it has been an inside joke between us that we will go to Chipotle for his first communion and wedding too. so this time around we did not go to chipotle but asked people to bring mexican dish of their choice. i remember after my baptism we did tequila shots so they did tequila shots too. 

then I slept for about 12 hours straight
Sounds like a nice low key baptism / party.  and 12 hours of sleep is a sweet deal with a newborn!! 

Chestertonian

He didn't sleep that long but I did  :cheeseheadbeer:
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Each day when I go up to see my husband I crawl into his hospital bed. We sleep, we talk, we laugh, we....well you know....cry. We go over past mistakes and their consequences. It's been good in many ways. I go home and actually enjoy the peace and nothingness I'm ashamed to say. Hopefully, if he doesn't get a stent he will come home today!  Rental agency from up north is coming down to get the car and drop off my car, which he is driving down. So nothing to be stressed about, right? Yeah, wish it were so. But....what's good is good, right? Yahoo for all that's right!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 14, 2016, 10:38:00 AM
Each day when I go up to see my husband I crawl into his hospital bed. We sleep, we talk, we laugh, we....well you know....cry. We go over past mistakes and their consequences. It's been good in many ways. I go home and actually enjoy the peace and nothingness I'm ashamed to say. Hopefully, if he doesn't get a stent he will come home today!  Rental agency from up north is coming down to get the car and drop off my car, which he is driving down. So nothing to be stressed about, right? Yeah, wish it were so. But....what's good is good, right? Yahoo for all that's right!

There's nothing wrong with finding the good in an otherwise bad situation that God has allowed for you. Yahoo!  Being able to spend the time with your Hubby like that after being married for many years is truly a gift from God.  Yahoo!   Nothing wrong with a little peace and quiet either.  As long as you don't get used to it and start looking for ways to */ahem* make it permanent.   :P ;)  With that guy driving your car down, that means it's in working order now, right?  Yahoo!  Congratulations, you are now completely stress free!  Yahuey!  3 out of 4 ain't bad, right?  :laugh:

I'm really glad you can find the bright spots God sends with these circumstances.  Alot of folks would crawl in bed and pull the covers over their heads until it was over.  Good for you!  Continued prayers.   :pray3:

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 14, 2016, 10:38:00 AM
Each day when I go up to see my husband I crawl into his hospital bed. We sleep, we talk, we laugh, we....well you know....cry. We go over past mistakes and their consequences. It's been good in many ways. I go home and actually enjoy the peace and nothingness I'm ashamed to say. Hopefully, if he doesn't get a stent he will come home today!  Rental agency from up north is coming down to get the car and drop off my car, which he is driving down. So nothing to be stressed about, right? Yeah, wish it were so. But....what's good is good, right? Yahoo for all thast's right!

you sound like a very devoted wife.. my wife does that too but sometimes the nurses don't allow it because hospital policy blah blah

Nothing wrong with enjoying the peace and quiet!!

LausTibiChriste

Went down to Seattle today for the Mariner/Blue Jays game. It was awesome. Wish I could've gone to all 3, but one is better than nothing.

- MaximGun

Christina_S

Yesterday (I can say that now: it's 12:30 AM  ;D ) a friend of mine came over and we went for coffee in the afternoon. Then we walked back to my residence, read books and blogs, and drank tea until about 7:00. Then we went for supper, came back again, prayed a Rosary together, and walked out to his car afterwards. The first snow of the season had started coming down when we had gone out for supper, and he had no snowbrush in his car, so we brushed it off with our mittens and had a snowball fight (partly in honor of the anniversary of Lepanto  :pray1:). It was a great day!
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christina_S on October 08, 2016, 12:33:56 AM
Yesterday (I can say that now: it's 12:30 AM  ;D ) a friend of mine came over and we went for coffee in the afternoon. Then we walked back to my residence, read books and blogs, and drank tea until about 7:00. Then we went for supper, came back again, prayed a Rosary together, and walked out to his car afterwards. The first snow of the season had started coming down when we had gone out for supper, and he had no snowbrush in his car, so we brushed it off with our mittens and had a snowball fight (partly in honor of the anniversary of Lepanto  :pray1:). It was a great day!

Christina, that sounds like a wonderful time. You already have snow? Wow! I'm from upper Michigan originally, and snow at least waited until halloween. Happy you enjoyed your friends visit!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Christina_S

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 08, 2016, 06:51:03 PM
Quote from: Christina_S on October 08, 2016, 12:33:56 AM

Christina, that sounds like a wonderful time. You already have snow? Wow! I'm from upper Michigan originally, and snow at least waited until halloween. Happy you enjoyed your friends visit!
It's Alberta; we always have snow before Halloween. This stuff will probably melt later this week and return with vengeance in the next two weeks.  :canada:
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Carleendiane

Oh, didn't know you are Canadian. That makes sense now!

As far as fun goes, my daughter had my 10th   grandbaby today. Now that's fun. Looking forward to staying a few nights with her wonderful family, to help out of course.