Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Quote from: MilesChristi on January 31, 2016, 02:45:40 PM
My siblings are coming to visit me, so that's something...

My siblings are also coming in a couple of weeks, just for a happy visit. One is from Cancun, Mexico, another from PA, and two are here in CA, so it really is something. 

Oops, that's not "lately".  Guess I'll have to report back later (if it really is fun!).         
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

verenaerin

MundaCorMeum

verenaerin

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 31, 2016, 06:33:49 PM
Quote from: verenaerin on January 31, 2016, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 31, 2016, 05:00:39 PM
watched my kids have a shaving cream fight. Good times!

Outside?

Of course!  I'm not that crazy  ;)

It's super cold out right now, so I was trying to picture how I could do this. Then I remembered that you live waaaaaaaaaay down south. :)

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: verenaerin on January 31, 2016, 06:38:52 PM

Outside?

It's super cold out right now, so I was trying to picture how I could do this. Then I remembered that you live waaaaaaaaaay down south. :)

Hahaha...yeah, I realized our locale differences after I responded to you, too. Shaving cream is the closest we ever get to snow most years  :-\. My almost two year old was outside in nothing but a diaper today, and perfectly happy!

verenaerin

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 31, 2016, 06:48:17 PM

Outside?

Hahaha...yeah, I realized our locale differences after I responded to you, too. Shaving cream is the closest we ever get to snow most years  :-\. My almost two year old was outside in nothing but a diaper today, and perfectly happy!

I love the summer when you can put the littles just in diapers. especially when they are the drooly kind and ruin their clothes continuously.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: verenaerin on January 31, 2016, 06:51:52 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 31, 2016, 06:48:17 PM

Outside?

I love the summer when you can put the littles just in diapers. especially when they are the drooly kind and ruin their clothes continuously.

My kids just about live in nothing but a diaper from the time they can crawl until they are potty trained. Weather wise, we are able to accommodate that almost year round, except for a few bouts of coldness here and there. We really only experience a few seasons down here: humid, less humid, and occasionally really cold. This "winter" has been particularly mild.

Chestertonian

started a game of risk with my brother  and mybrother in law fhopefully no pne messes it up
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Gardener

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 31, 2016, 10:44:32 PM
started a game of risk with my brother  and mybrother in law fhopefully no pne messes it up

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw[/yt]

Stay off the subway.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

Quote from: Gardener on January 31, 2016, 10:53:25 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 31, 2016, 10:44:32 PM

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw[/yt]

Stay off the subway.
hajajs I'll try my best

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

piabee

I yelled at various groups of partying neighbors last night. I hate them and I'm exhausted but it's always thoroughly enjoyable at the time.

Jacafamala

We're going to the Statue of Liberty today!
"I shall die with weapons in my hands."
-St Therese of Lisieux

dymphna17

Went to a Guns N Roses concert in KC.  It was awesome!!

/let the hate speech begin!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Spera In Deo

Just returned from a wonderful vacation!

Spent time with my mom, kids got to see their cousins for the first time in 18 months, I got to see the new baby, kids got to ride ATV's, tromp around outside.

We went to Tahquamenon Falls for a day.  Kids thought it "savage" that mom can row a boat.  LOL.  We hiked around and took tons of pictures.

When we were done there, we went to Oswald's Bear Ranch and got to feed the baby bears and have our picture taken with them and pet them.  That was pretty amazing.

Then we took scenic US-2 back to the Mighty Mac bridge.  SOOOO pretty.  Stopped and waded inthe lake more than once.

Went to Petoskey and looked out over the Bay but too cloudy for a good sunset.  Saw a bunch of baby ducks trying to get in the water when it was really choppy.   GOt a video of it.  Super cute.

Over the course of our trip we saw multiple deer, a grouse, and a family of foxes.

Took the scenic route from Petoskey to Traverse City and down M-22 along the lake and through some of the most beautiful country side.  Had lunch at a little local place that was fabulous.  Stopped and waded in the lake some more and got home late last night.

I had a blast with my kids.   Can you tell? ;D
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante

Lydia Purpuraria

Spera, I'm happy to hear you had such a great trip.  I have no doubt about that -- the U.P. is awesome.  Probably my favorite place on earth.  I used to go to the southeastern portion, the Les Cheneaux Islands.  Did you happen to make it to any of the sand dunes on Lake Superior?  Tahquamenon Falls is wonderful -- haven't been there in ages.  I love not only the falls, but also the old-growth forests surrounding (and the ferns, love the ferns and lady's slippers... and I could go on, but I'll stop).   It got down into the 50's here last night and was chilly this morning.  My husband and I were just saying to each other that it felt like Michigan weather and that we missed Michigan.  Then I saw your post and felt even more nostalgic.  Glad you enjoyed your time up there.