Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Wife and I went to Salida, CO(not Salina, KS) and did some antiquing. I will post pics in the "Bought . . . ?" thread. We had a nice lunch along the Arkansas River, surrounded by the Rockies, and marveled at God's creation.

https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=Salida+Colorado&mkt=en&FORM=HDRSC4

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Salida+Colorado&FORM=HDRSC2
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 20, 2015, 12:33:48 AM
I did my son's bedtime routine for the first time in a long time

it is different from the way my wife does it, we both sing ave maris stella and veni creator spiritus, say different prayers.  i bless him with holy water, she does not do that

he sat in my lap and commented that i dont put him to bed very often.  he said, "it is kind of like the rosary though.  it goes, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, daddy.  just like, 'hail mary, hail mary, hail mary, hail maryhail mary, hail mary, our father.  she gets the little beads and you are the big bead."

That's just too sweet!!  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

I'm about to venerate St Maria Goretti, what whaaaaaaaaat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 20, 2015, 04:47:34 PM

put in a good word for us, will ya? churr brah.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on October 20, 2015, 04:59:50 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 20, 2015, 04:47:34 PM

put in a good word for us, will ya? churr brah.

I think he's bound by SAMSUNG-venerate3.02 owner edition.   :grouphug:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bonaventure

Was invited to the Facebook HQ. Had to sign an NDA. Awesome place. Like a Disneyland for adults.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bonaventure on November 09, 2015, 06:23:15 PM
Was invited to the Facebook HQ. Had to sign an NDA. Awesome place. Like a Disneyland for adults.

It's like you're speaking a foreign language  :shrug:

MundaCorMeum

Sat on the back porch with my husband, while drinking a glass of wine and watching the kids run around the yard, playing kick-the-can.  Best.night.ever.

LausTibiChriste

Spent the last week in Prague with a friend...beautiful city but you can really feel the Godlessness there. Does not have the same soul that places even like London have. But still...it was amazing to be in a city where even the suburbs have buildings from the pre-war era.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 12, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
Spent the last week in Prague with a friend...beautiful city but you can really feel the Godlessness there. Does not have the same soul that places even like London have. But still...it was amazing to be in a city where even the suburbs have buildings from the pre-war era.

I was there 20 years ago. There outer parts of the Old Town Square were clearly commie kastenförmig und grau.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Stu Cool

Ran the Richmond Half Marathon yesterday.  It was my first half marathon since I got married and had kids (4 years).

Heinrich

Kaesekopf

Been watching this gif on repeat.

Lose it every time.

https://i.imgur.com/kYAo7pG.gifv
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on November 15, 2015, 06:09:33 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 12, 2015, 04:13:22 PM

I was there 20 years ago. There outer parts of the Old Town Square were clearly commie kastenförmig und grau.

Small parts yeah, but nothing like else where. I was 20 minutes outside the centre and there were still a ton of old buildings
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Stu Cool

Quote from: Heinrich on November 15, 2015, 08:41:39 PM
Care to share time?

1:52:52.  My PR is 1:39:06.  I was only running once a week so I was happy to break two hours.