Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Rousey has some mad judo skills and her striking is coming along, but UFC seem to feed her quite a few walkover fights. Invicta is cool because it's an all womens' org, and i think honestly the best thing for WMMA would be to take all the women over to Invicta and keep the men's orgs separate to avoid WMMA becoming just a novelty on the undercard. my daughter is a big fan of Ronda Rousey. personally i think she has some skills but her attitude outside the Octagon puts me off a lot, and the Four Horsewoman schtick is kind of lame.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

dymphna17

I haven't seen anything of her outside of the ring.  Just clips on YouTube, so I don't know about her attitude.  I can imagine though.  I'll have to pay more attention.  I agree about the WMMA going with Invicta.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

personally i like Cat Zingano's fighting style more, she's great to watch. Bethe Correia, who recently defeated Rousey's teammate Shayna Baszler, is becoming quite popular as well. she definitely comes across as having a likeable attitude lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on September 22, 2014, 05:25:43 PM
personally i like Cat Zingano's fighting style more, she's great to watch. Bethe Correia, who recently defeated Rousey's teammate Shayna Baszler, is becoming quite popular as well. she definitely comes across as having a likeable attitude lol.

Yes, I've seen Ms. Baszler, she's pretty good.  I'm definitely going to check more into the women's scene.  It's amazing what the body can take.  Not mine, but some.  lol
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 22, 2014, 06:59:53 PM
Not mine, but some.  lol

ya never know, we might be seeing you on the next season of TUF... ;)

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on September 22, 2014, 07:06:13 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 22, 2014, 06:59:53 PM
Not mine, but some.  lol

ya never know, we might be seeing you on the next season of TUF... ;)

I've been called that, but can't imagine appearing on it.   8) :P :lol:
?

Archer

Had breakfast at Dunkins with Kaese.  Good times.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Archer on September 23, 2014, 10:25:31 AM
Had breakfast at Dunkins with Kaese.  Good times.
Totes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LouisIX

Who ever heard of anything so barbaric as women fighting?
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Arun

Quote from: LouisIX on September 24, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

it's a bit hard to be barbaric at 135lbs, bro. it's a good sport, if they wanna compete then i'm ok with that. i wouldn't be ok with them fighting against men, and i'm not ok with fallon fox competing against women either but there's nothing wrong with WMMA.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LouisIX

Quote from: Arun on September 24, 2014, 03:09:39 PM

it's a bit hard to be barbaric at 135lbs, bro. it's a good sport, if they wanna compete then i'm ok with that. i wouldn't be ok with them fighting against men, and i'm not ok with fallon fox competing against women either but there's nothing wrong with WMMA.

We've seen 90 lb. Mohammedan women blow themselves up in markets filled with innocent children.  I find that quite barbaric.

It turns out that it is easy to be barbaric, no matter your size.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Arun

Quote from: LouisIX on September 24, 2014, 03:19:58 PM
Quote from: Arun on September 24, 2014, 03:09:39 PM

We've seen 90 lb. Mohammedan women blow themselves up in markets filled with innocent children.  I find that quite barbaric.

It turns out that it is easy to be barbaric, no matter your size.

lol alright, alright. but MMA with 135lb women (no bombs) is a sport, not barbaricness man. Especially now under the current ruleset, definitely a legitimate sport.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LouisIX

Aren't women the gentler, finer sex?  Ought they to be fighting each other for sport?

Arun

Yeah, if they want to. Let 'em bang, bro.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Roland Deschain2

Went golfing on Saturday for the first time in about 7 years. I put my tee shot on a 165 yard par 3 about 10 feet from the cup.

I think the golf bug has bitten me again.
"To our personal enemies, according to Christ's commandment, we must forgive everything; but with the enemies of God we cannot have peace!"- Archbishop Averky

"Life is a play in which for a short time one man represents a judge, another a general, and so on; after the play no further account is made of the dignity which each one had."- St John Chrysostom