The third in a series of polls....

Started by Kaesekopf, January 26, 2017, 02:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Also self-explanatory.  I chose "fits your adherence", since some folks may align more with the SSPX, but don't have them in their area or something.  If I'm missing anything, lemme know. 

Thanks!  As usual, only you know how you voted. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

clau clau

Can I change my vote from SSPX to Kung Fu ?

(although technically I am SSSPX.  I mainly attend the SSSP and Mrs Clau Clau attends SSPX.  It's complicated.)
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: clau clau on January 26, 2017, 05:06:30 AM
Can I change my vote from SSPX to Kung Fu ?

(although technically I am SSSPX.  I mainly attend the SSSP and Mrs Clau Clau attends SSPX.  It's complicated.)

The option to change one's vote has now been enabled. 

OCLittleFlower

How about Sedeplenist Kung Fu? ;)

In truth, my beliefs are closes to the SSPX way of thinking.  If all the options were the same distance away from where we live, we would probably choose SSPX.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

orate

I'm somewhat of a cross between sspx and fssp.  I attended an sspx chapel for 20 years and have been attending fssp for about 8 years.  I still will attend Mass at both. (when traveling and when time factors into it)  I've been at both long enough to see their finer points, but I am also well aware of their weaknesses.  I'm just very grateful that I can attend the Tridentine Mass and have many options.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Parresia

Kung Fu at this point.  We are trying to join the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, but also love the TLM, Byzantine, etc.  Our preference however would be to worship as we have been these past few years. 

LausTibiChriste

SSPX and Ordinariate are too far for me. So it's FSSP and Byzantine for me. Mostly Byzantine these days. The odd NO thrown in during the week because I hate myself apparently.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Stu Cool

Ecclesia Dei Communities (FSSP, ICKSP, etc).  We support financially but don't have any near us so we go to the Diocesan.  Though I also lean toward SSPX as well (and am leaning further of late).

Michael Wilson

I'm a sed-v, but I assist at the SSPX; I would assist at any Mass said by a validly ordained Catholic priest.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Jayne

Quote from: Stu Cool on January 26, 2017, 10:05:48 AM
Ecclesia Dei Communities (FSSP, ICKSP, etc).  We support financially but don't have any near us so we go to the Diocesan.  Though I also lean toward SSPX as well (and am leaning further of late).

This comes remarkably close to describing my position.  I alternate between SSPX and Diocesan, but if it were close enough I would attend ED.  There is an FSSP about 2 hours away where we had our son confirmed, but that is too far to attend regularly.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

dymphna17

I'm SSPX but now am jealous of the Kung Fu.  What side of Altar Girls do they come down on?  CIH?   :skeptical:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

YeOldeFustilarians

Is this a poll about where you attend mass, or where you WOULD attend mass, given the option, or about which group your opinion on the crisis is best exemplified by?

I attend a lay-owned chapel serviced by a sedevacantist priest.  I "suppose" that's my preference given the options, but I would be happy with a good SSPX priest or other, and I don't feel like defining good except to say that it means he's valid and not a kook and is theologically sound.  I don't want my children hearing about their "moral duty" to oppose the pope or about how Fr. Feeney tried to save the world and Pius XII didn't let him. 

But if we're leveling all of the options, shouldn't all of our preferences be to attend the Latin Mass of a real and approved priest within the approved and lawful structure of the Catholic Church?  I would hope so!

If the question is simply "which group's approach to the crisis do you agree with the most?" then the results are a bit disturbing, and Kung-Fu doesn't really belong.
Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Prayerful

Probably first and third. The diocesan church (20 minutes by pushbike/motorbike) has a magnificent reredo with high altar (all perfectly restored from some moderate V2 wrecking) and fine side altars. One thing about the morning Low Masses (8 o' clock) is how nearly all women there, mostly young/working age, manage to cover their hair per St Paul and Pope St Linus. One of the priests preaches on the latest Pope Francis enormity (or omission like ignoring those dubia) with a tone of irritation and some controlled distaste. That being said Pope Francis did award a medal to one of the parishioners (given by the Papal Nuncio) for his work with the Irish TLM community (and perhaps drawing people away from the SSPX), so no hard feelings. :lol: The priest who usually hears confessions is a bit of a man of mystery, not listed on the parish website, but assists at the Mass from about the offertory, and does a fine careful confession, with the absolution said in fine if rapidly said Latin.

On the occasion when I hear weekday Low Mass at the SSPX chapel (half an hour driving), attendance is low, but it is at an awkward time, ie 11 o' clock. One of the SSPX priests makes a point of calling the Mass of Ages, the True Mass, which it is, but that is a slightly advanced position, and the NOM doesn't always lead to heresy (or unbelief, which more often it does). Fine and thorough confessors. Sunday attendance is strong. The chapel benches are in an Anglican style (for that it was until the early 80s) where one could have placed a book of psalms and/or Book of Common Prayer, and now missal, resting neatly on the back of the bench in front. More of a community than the diocesan church. Also a nice stock of second hand and new books and magazines in the parish hall.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.