Atheism Just Blown Out of the Water

Started by james03, February 03, 2023, 11:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

In this video, the scientist who made the original breakthrough with motor proteins in 1984 discusses what he found.  Look closely at the images from the electron microscope and you can actually see the robots moving.  Not much detail, but you can make out what they are doing:

And you see another dead lock problem.  The kinesin NEEDS the microtubule in order to exert force to pull the cargo.  No microtubule, no movement.

Pity the poor evolutionists that prattle on about their gradual mutations and biochemistry.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

What does it mean for your heart to pump or your bicep to contract?  Simple right?  Biochemistry.  It's an electrical impulse that causes a biochemical response, and thus you get the contraction.  Simple biochemistry, and we can construct the gradual evolutionary changes to produce this functinality.

And that's completely wrong.  You guessed it.  It's done with robots:

Includes a rotary bolt type sub assembly actuated by rotory motors.  Everyone loves a rotary bolt semi automatic rifle, so there's a coolness factor.  So that is why your muscle doesn't continuously move, first the rotory bolt moves the thick filament into active position so that the robot can start moving it.  But it's far worse.  What exactly is involved to function this nano-tech? How do you move your arm slowly, or quickly? Pulse width modulation, something people involved in electronics and control recognize.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Now that you've seen the mechanics involved, here is a discussion on the pulse width modulation control system that is used to control this machine:

He reviews what was covered in the other video, so you can skip to about 5:20 to see the control system involved.

james03

Here's another video going over the pulse width modulation control system.  Remarkable.

james03

As you watch these videos you see the importance of ATP.  Here's a decent video showing how it is made.  It's a brief overview, leaving out where the NADH and FADH2 come from, and it still uses magical biochemistry phrases like "pump protons" and "harness energy", when in reality these will be mechanical processes utilizing proteins changing shapes.  But it's still a good video:

james03

A reminder:

QuoteThis is why when an atheist says, "I don't believe in God because I don't believe in the Easter Bunny", I pat him on the head, give him a cookie, and say, "That's nice."

That's basically all that can be done when they are firmly in the evolution cult.  Pat him on the head and tell him what a smart boy he is.  Because if you continue believing evolutionary slop after seeing what actually is involved in life, there's no reaching you.

james03

Up til now I've been using the deadlock argument, because the probability is precisely zero.  There's also the probability argument, but you'll get a Dumb and Dumber midwit atheist showing up that says, "So there is a chance!!".  But for the rest, I think it is instructive to take a look at the probabilities.

First we have to attempt to gage the numbers, which will fail because of how infinitesimal these numbers are, but I'll give it a whirl.

How many seconds has the universe existed?  We'll use a clean 10 billion years old, and calculate that there have been 3.2 x 10^17 seconds since God made the physical world.  So that will be our gage.  It's the biggest thing I can think of that is easy to calculate, and it is too small by MANY orders of magnitude.

Suppose we have a simple 2-amino acid protein that is 128 bases long.  On the smaller side for proteins, but not tiny.  How many combinations can I have?

The calculation is 2^128.  Take the log10 to get orders of magnitude, and you should get 128 * log(2).  This is 38.5, so the number of combinations possible is 10^38.5.  Drop the five because I'm too lazy to type it, so 10^38.  So you have a random process that produces the protein, with a different sequence (how does it keep track of which sequences it tried?  Don't know.) tried every second.  We'll say it has to run through 50% of the sequences until it finds the right one.  Is the number of seconds the universe existed enough time to pick the right one?  Not even close.  50% is 5 * 10^-1.  To pick the right one we have to try 5 x 10^37 tries.  We only have 3.2 * 10^17 tries available.  Not even close.

Ok, ok, let's look at picking it in the first 1% of sequences.  That would be really, really lucky, but you really can't say that is impossible.  OK, 1% is 1 * 10^-2.  So we will have to try 10^36 sequences to pick the right sequence.  Again, not even close if we pick one sequence every second for the entire time the universe has existed.

What about a protein made using a selection of 20 amino acids, which is what we see?  That's 20^128.  Doing the same math using log10 to get the order of magnitude gives us 1 * 10^166.5 possible sequences.  Over a google.

Suppose I have an assembly of 5 proteins making a complex?  We have 1 * 10^833 possible sequences.

Suppose we have 5 proteins and the chain length of each is 300 units?  1 * 10^1,951 possible sequences.

Evolutionists are midwit clowns who wear a big red nose and goofy shoes, driving around in their clown car honking their clown horn.

How many proteins do we have in an ancient, "simple" bacteria living off a volcanic vent?

andy

For me personally, the most amazing part is that such complex organism grow from a single cell.