World of Tanks, War Thunder, and Mount and Blade Napoleon

Started by ImperialGuardsman, September 07, 2014, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialGuardsman

So, I've been playing these three online games quite a bit recently.  Anyone else play them?  It would be nice to start a TOG2 (a slow, oversized tank that everyone loves to see in a battle) platoon with a couple of guys.
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

ImperialGuardsman

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 08, 2014, 12:09:51 AM
what kind of games are they

Online multiplayer games.  World of Tanks is pretty clear by the name (battling tanks, with a very large selection, after you unlock them of course).   War Thunder is a game wherein you battle in airplanes from WWII.  Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars is a game where you battle others as soldiers from that time period.  All fun, and all free if you don't want to shell out any cash.
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

ImperialGuardsman

Quote from: Prayerful on March 26, 2015, 03:58:36 PM
War Thunder has tanks too.

Yes it does, and they are a bit different.  Not bad, just different.

Prayerful

I don't really like the TOG2 tank. It must be liked as it might be an easy target. One thing I notice if someone gets a pay to win tank, they will be playing against those who ground their way to that level, and their games will be short.

Atilla Total War is a favourite. It is stable from the start unlike Rome II Total War.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

ImperialGuardsman

I actually really like the TOG.  Sure, some games you are an XP piƱata.  Other games, however, you are the lumbering doom of souls.  I will say that most of the premium tanks are not really pay to win.  They often have some sort of fatal flaw that can be really exploited. 

Prayerful

A bigger fatal flaw is that pay to win player will be match against both players who have ground to their level and cunning cheats with aimbots and whatever else.