Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

I saw "The Call."  It was made by WWE Studios.

Not a single bodyslam happened.  :'(
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Larry

Quote from: Bonaventure on July 20, 2013, 12:09:15 AM
Dark Knight Rises for maybe the tenth time.

I still haven't watched RISES as many times as the other two, but I think it's a great movie. What's funny is that most of my non comic book reading friends think RISES is the best in the series, while comic book fans complain about certain aspects of it(particularly who John Blake turns out to be, and the last scene of the movie). I thought it was the perfect way to end the Batman story, so much so that I'm not all that interested in the inevitable reboot(though I'm sure that I'll be there for it on opening day, God willing).
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Gerard

Quote from: Larry S. on July 20, 2013, 01:09:00 AM

I still haven't watched RISES as many times as the other two, but I think it's a great movie. What's funny is that most of my non comic book reading friends think RISES is the best in the series, while comic book fans complain about certain aspects of it(particularly who John Blake turns out to be, and the last scene of the movie). I thought it was the perfect way to end the Batman story, so much so that I'm not all that interested in the inevitable reboot(though I'm sure that I'll be there for it on opening day, God willing).

"Do you feel in charge?"  :)

Larry

Quote from: Gerard on July 20, 2013, 12:35:16 PM
Quote from: Larry S. on July 20, 2013, 01:09:00 AM

"Do you feel in charge?"  :)

Great line, and great delivery by Hardy.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Gerard

Quote from: Larry S. on July 20, 2013, 05:59:11 PM

Great line, and great delivery by Hardy.

Agreed. Hardy is underrated especially for what he accomplished in a difficult role to pull off. 

BTW,  I can't recommend the Rifftrax accompaniment to Dark Knight enough. 

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/dark-knight

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR04HS2G8E4[/yt]

Bonaventure

The only thing Hardy could have done to be more impressive was actually gain 50 lbs. of muscle, instead of resorting to CGI. However, that would have entailed the use of banned substances.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gerard

Quote from: Bonaventure on July 20, 2013, 07:15:16 PM
The only thing Hardy could have done to be more impressive was actually gain 50 lbs. of muscle, instead of resorting to CGI. However, that would have entailed the use of banned substances.

Found a short clip of that scene:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_BubeBU8E[/yt]

piabee

Manborg. Why do I feel like someone posted this recently?

piabee

sprungli

Monsters University

Toy Story

sprungli

Adeodatus

How to Train Your Dragon.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Alypius

Cesar_Augustus

Monsters University.

Despicable Me 2.

Pacific Rim.

totiusque

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 19, 2013, 11:46:59 PM
Quote from: totiusque on July 19, 2013, 02:58:56 PM
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (full "movie" below)

Being a fan of the Firefly series, when I saw this was directed by Joss Whedon and had Nathan Fillion as a main actor, I had to check it out.  Definitely NOT what I expected, but then again, with a title like that, I shouldn't be surprised.  42" of pure silliness.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVBjS22ppdw&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

42 minutes of pure hilarity.

Laundry day!  See you there, under things, tumbaling....

LOL!  That was a good one.   :rofl:  Wonder if they'll make a sequel???
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross